Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Elapsed time in songs

Solved!

Elapsed time in songs

Why can you no longer see elapsed time for a song? Is disappears in a few seconds.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It's been a while, but this is part of the new Spotify.

If you would like this feature to return, just give kudos to https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/iOS-Please-DO-NOT-automatically-hide-the-timer-on-the-Sp...

If this solved your issue - Accept it as a solution!
Official Website | MyAnimeList | 😉 |
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

11 Replies

I don't understand what you mean by "elapsed time." Do you mean the song scrubber? Or something else?

I'm referring to the time that shows just below the song title and artist
on the app. On the left it will have the elapsed time and on the right it
will show the time remaining. It used to show the entire time and now it
will display for a few seconds and than it disappears. To view it again
you have to tap next to the bar which when I'm teaching often results in
the song jumping ahead or back which disrupts the class. Also the app used
to display the actual time of day in the top right corner now it does not.

Oh, okay. I'm guessing you're using an Android device. I unfortunatly do not use an Android device, but maybe I can still help you. In troubleshooting situations, I would try the following:

1) Turning your device off and on again.

2) Force-restarting your device.

3) Uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Nope, it's happening in iOS as well. It's not a troubleshooting situation, they have changed the app to make the time elapsed and time remaining counters disappear after a short time instead of being permanently displayed. I am mystified as to why that was a necessary change - it is actually a large detriment to my experience of the app, since I (used to) depend on the timer while I work out, and I know I'm not alone in that.

Oh, okay. I'm using an iOS device, but it's not hapening to me. If it is a new change, this should probably be sumbitted as a New Idea instead.

Hi

I was also struglling with this problem during my spinning classes that the songs did not show the elapsed time anymore....

What i do know is the following:

1. I create my playlist for the class in the same way as before

2. download the free app: SPOTQUEUE

3. the app will show all your Spotify playlists; select the one that holds your class and it will be show immediately in the Queue

4. Click on Queue and you will see all the songs in your playlist in the same manner (more or less0 as it is shown in Spotify

5. Click on the Icon at the right hand top and pless play - this will show the time elapsed and time remaining

Hope this helps for now!

Best

Kees Brooimans

Hi

I was also struglling with this problem during my spinning classes that the songs did not show the elapsed time anymore....

What i do know is the following:

1. I create my playlist for the class in the same way as before

2. download the free app: SPOTQUEUE

3. the app will show all your Spotify playlists; select the one that holds your class and it will be show immediately in the Queue

4. Click on Queue and you will see all the songs in your playlist in the same manner (more or less) as it is shown in Spotify

5. Click on the Icon at the right hand top and pless play - this will show the time elapsed and time remaining

Hope this helps for now!

Best

Kees Brooimans

Marked as solution

It's been a while, but this is part of the new Spotify.

If you would like this feature to return, just give kudos to https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/iOS-Please-DO-NOT-automatically-hide-the-timer-on-the-Sp...

The SPOTQUEUE app doesn't seem to be available anymore, did the name change?

Okay....all of a sudden this happened to me last week before my cycle class. I was constantly tapping the screen setting up a new track and the track time began to fade. After reading all these responses and no real answer, I began to press on the timer track several times in a row and then all of a sudden it just stuck and it stays on. I checked my entire playlist and I am good to go. I probably held my finger down for 1-3 sec about 5-6 times and then it stayed on. Hopefully it will work for some of you! It was such a bummer last week!

TOTALLY WORKED!  THANKS A MIL.

Suggested posts