Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Equalizer lowers speaker volume after updating to IOS 15

Equalizer lowers speaker volume after updating to IOS 15

• After updating to IOS 15 the volume on my Sony SRS speaker keeps lowering once the bass comes in on a song. I uninstalled/reinstalled  the app and turned off multiple settings in my iPhone and Spotify. Nothing worked until I disabled Spotifys equalizer. Now the speakers volume doesn’t magically lower anymore but the bass sucks with my equalizer settings turned off. I’ve never had this issue in my years using Spotify and it’s extremely frustrating. Maybe it’s an IOS 15 issue but that doesn’t explain why it would start now and why disabling the Spotifys equalizer fixes it. 

6 Replies

Hey @Woah3,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Could you try disabling the volume normalization to see if that does the trick? You can do that under Settings > Playback > Toggle off Audio Normalization.

If possible, try connecting another mobile device to the same speaker to see if the issue is present there.

Keep us posted on this.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I tried this, and it doesn't help. Increase the bass slightly, and the volume drops slightly.

Hey @Jenssen!

In that case I believe the app does this to prevent clipping. Generally, when you boost a certain frequency by a few dB, you should also reduce the overall volume of the preamp by the same amount, otherwise clipping would occur and the sound will be distorted. So, the larger the boost at the given frequency is, the more the overall volume is lowered in order to maintain a balanced sound.

Hope this clears things up. The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Before you could increase the bass without the other frequencies being lowered. Why did you remove that option?

Same here (Mac OS 13.5.1)... It sounds like a joke... All I want is increase a little bit bass and treble, and - as a result - I get volume drastically down. Effectively instead of increasing bass / treble Spotify reduces mid. If I want to reduce mid, I can do it explicitly. Not sure I understand what kind of logic causes Spotify to make such kind of decisions on my behalf....

I've just started using Spotify and went straight to the graphic equalizer. Coming from Mac Music I always have bass and treble slightly boosted. Have used Graphic Equalisers for decades. Have never encountered a system reducing volume once a frequency is adjusted. Absolutely ridiculous

Suggested posts