Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Files not showing up on my phone, but they work fine on my laptop.

Files not showing up on my phone, but they work fine on my laptop.

I downloaded several songs to Spotify and they work fine on my laptop, but they don't even show up on my phone. Sometimes, I'll skip through songs on a playlist the files are on, and they'll show up for a second before switching to a different song, like the phone knows they should be there but they aren't for some reason. I've tried logging in and out on both devices, closing the app, shutting down my phone, and deleting the app and redownloading it. I just want to know if there's something else I can do, because I really like these songs and would appreciate some help. 

3 Replies

Hi, @mrbihler1120!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

Just to check, have you synced these tracks from your local files to listen in offline mode in your mobile device? If you haven't, we suggest you to follow the steps here.

If this doesn't help, could you let us know what device, operating system and Spotify version you're using?

We'll see what we can suggest.

The files aren't showing up at all. I can pull up the playlist on my laptop and they'll all be there, but if I pull it up on my phone, it says there's nothing there and asks if I'd like to browse and find music to put in it. I'm running them on an HP laptop with the second-most recent version of Spotify as the first time I tried to update, there was a glitch and it didn't finish. I'm running verison 7.5.0 on my phone, which is an iPhone SE. I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm just repeating what I already said, but I can't sync them because I can't get to them at all on my phone. Thanks!

Hi, I have the premium subscription to Spotify. I use my Spotify account on my iPhone & my brother also uses my Spotify account for his iPhone. All of the playlists we have both made (under the same account) show up on my Spotify app on my iPhone. But my brother says when he logs it says we do not have a premium subscription & all of the playlists are gone. I go to college out of state, so we don't use the same wifi network. But we weren't on the same wifi network when I originally subscribed & gave him my login information. I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks
Megan T.

Suggested posts