Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 8 Plus

Operating System

iOS 14.4

My Question or Issue

When filtering by Downloaded Songs, it filters those folders that have Downloaded playlists, but if the playlist is in a folder within a folder I see all the folders. For example I have a Folder called Greatest Hits and then within that folder I have a folder for each letter of the alphabet in order to help organize artist names. If I download the playlist The Doors Greatest Hits for instance and then filter by Downloaded I will only see the Greatest Hits folder but when I open that folder I will see all the folders A-Z and not just the D folder that has the playlist in it. This only started happening today.

I took these steps to repair it

1. Took the steps to Sign Out Everywhere

2. Offloaded the app and deleted the app in the iPhone storage settings

3. Held side button and top volume button and slid power and then waited 5 minutes to restart phone 

4. downloaded app from App Store

5 Replies

Actually this happens even if playlist is only one folder deep, so all playlists in folder are being shown despite Downloaded filter being turned on

Hey there @gimpboy76,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Try performing a clean reinstall of the Spotify app. Follow the steps from this Guide exactly, as this involves removing all app data completely.

Can you let us know which Spotify version you're running on your phone after that?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Followed the steps and same exact issue 8.6.10.575 is the version. I tested with a brand new install on my iPad and same issue, tested on an old Android phone and no issues there, so it seems likes it’s an iOS issue with a recent update

Hi @gimpboy76,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you let us know the exact Model, OS version and Spotify version on your iPad as well? We'd like to report this issue, so we need to gather all the possible info 🙂

In the meantime we do recommend enabling Automatic Updates to keep your app up to date, as this might get resolved in one of the next updates.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi there @gimpboy76,

Hope you're doing great.

Jumping in to let you know that the right teams are aware of this behavior and are currently working on a fix. We can't commit to an exact timeframe for when it'll be fixed, but in the meantime, make sure to keep the app always updated.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts