NEXT STEP

Finding the date of playlists

Solved!

Finding the date of playlists

Plan Family plan

Free/Premium Premium

Country US

Device iPhone 7 Plus

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) iOS 10

My Question or Issue

I’m trying to find the date that I last updated my playlists and none of them are showing up anymore. Is there somewhere else I can go to find out?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for bringing your feedback about the new update to the Community.

There's a new idea regarding the feature in question which you can add your vote to here

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Hey there @WD80

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

To see the date when you last updated your playlists:

• Desktop: Open your playlist in the Spotify desktop app and you'll see the filters Title, Artist, Album, Date Added. Clicking on the Date Added will sort the songs by the first/last time a song was added to the playlist. 
  • iPhone: Open the playlist on your device and swipe the cover image; a second page of the cover image will appear showing you the date of the last update on the left.   
  • Samsung: perform the same steps as for the Samsung device. 

If you still don't see the dates, it's always a good idea to run a a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device. We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Has this featured been removed on iPhone since Spotify has updated its look and layout? Theres no option to swipe on the album cover anymore and no date listed anywhere else. The date updated feature is something I really enjoy because my playlists are often created on weekly/monthly basis and I like to know what time frame it corresponds with. As well as it helps me see how recently updated other people’s playlists are; please bring this feature back!

Hey @Trntkd, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you share a screenshot of that?

Thanks!

This is what it looks like now, the old way would allow me to swipe left on the album cover and show me the date it was most recently updated!

D4A49708-2D14-4075-A0BC-5A9B3509CA19.png

Hey @Trntkd,

Thanks for sharing that screenshot!

This seems to be a test from Spotify and I don't have this on my end but does it have any date if you scroll to the bottom of this playlist (if possible) or inside those … next to the download icon?

Keep me posted 🙂

No unfortunately this is all that’s inside the ... next to download, and nothing if I scroll to the bottom 

4BDD1945-324A-4073-9954-9140E3216E17.png

• Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

My Spotify mobile app has updated today, and I’ve noticed that you can seemingly no longer see what date a playlist was last updated? You used to be able to swipe across and see the date (as shown in image) - just wondering whether there’s still a way to see this on the new update or whether that’s no longer a feature on the app. 
thanks! 

I have the same problem. The app on the iphone has been updated and now I can’t see what date I added a song or last changed my playlist. So disappointed!

Same here.....huge bummer!

I did a clean install of the app and it went back to the old format where I can swipe to see the date updated!

Unfortunately this did not last as the app switched it back to the old format. I even shut off auto update in the App Store hoping that the old format would stay; but it changed back a second time 

Why are only some of us being punished?

Hey @robo042@WD80@Trntkd @Wheelthang & @Mina3m,

I have a workaround for now, it worked for me though.

Just try to log out, close the app, open the app again and login log in again, then the old format should be shown first.

Probably mix it with some Airplane mode or even reinstalling the app if the log out rick won't work.

This might be a workaround until the rollout overrides the old design.

Hope it helps 🙂

This has worked for me and hasn’t changed back yet!  🤞🏽  🤞🏽 

edit :  this stopped working for good after a couple days, now logging out and logging back still keeps the new layout 

So bad that they remove the date of the playlists, hope they'll bring it back so badly! 

First they removed the song count from playlist info and now the date? What's next? Remove the play time as well then. Why should we have any info at all. Playlist name is enough.

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for bringing your feedback about the new update to the Community.

There's a new idea regarding the feature in question which you can add your vote to here

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Suggested posts