Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 11 Pro / MacBook Pro

Operating System

iOS 13.3.1 / MacOS 10.15.2

My Question or Issue

Clicking "Go to Artist Radio" does not work on a particular album I am trying to get a radio station for. The screen where the generated playlist should come next is completely blank. When I try to reproduce on Spotify for Mac, same thing happens but there is a loading circle that does not end. Only seems to be broken for one particular album I have tried. Any suggestions?

4 Replies

Hi @winterstate, thanks for writing!

When we go to an artist's radio, it does not matter what album we are "coming from". If this artist has for instance, three albums, all of them will give you the same result. 

So please correct me if I'm not getting this right, but even if this album you're referring to works, you'll get to the same radio station you would if you tried any of this artist's albums (or songs).

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I think I have the same problem. Sometimes when I try and go to a Radio for a specific album or artist it will just be a blank screen. No list of songs or nothing. Also when it does work the radio doesn’t even give similar style songs. Only those related by “genre” so any songs from video game no matter how different they sound from each other will be in a radio because they are both from video games. Super annoying when I’m trying to find songs that are the same style.

I get the same issue. For certain albums or playlists I just get a blank screen when going to the radio. I have attached screenshots from my phone. The one where I used mobile data had the loader. The one with WiFi ends as a blank screen. This has happened a few times and I cannot get around it. However, desktop browser seems to work fine. 

FAA58168-ECBE-46B7-B177-57819ACEC15E.png
C3DA854A-F85F-430A-9305-B88B3A11CD6C.png

Just want to mention I am posting these from my phone as well. So my internet is fine. I am also currently still streaming Spotify as well. There is definitely something up with the app or user journey.

Suggested posts