Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I get the playlist Enhance feature? (Please help!)

How can I get the playlist Enhance feature? (Please help!)

• Plan: Premium - Family
  • Country United States 
  • Device (iPhone 12 Pro, Macbook Pro late 2019)
  • Operating System (iOS 15.2, Mac Big Sur 11.6.1.)
  • Spotify Version app in iPhone: 8.6.84.1353 (same as my wife who has enhanced option) 

My Question or Issue

I’m a member of a Premium Family account (not the plan manager though). My wife (plan manager) and son (15 year old) are part of our Family plan and received the Spotify Enhance playlist functionality several weeks ago (November 2021). I still have not as of January 2022. I’ve deleted and updated apps on phone and computer, logged in/out on both my iPhone (12 Pro) and Mac… still nothing. There are also personally created playlist’s my wife and I share and she has the Enhance feature for them and I do not. Any suggestions on how to fix this / get this (much needed for my lack of musical skills!) feature? I searched the help categories, faq and chat feature but couldn’t find this issue. Please help and thank you! 

Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 11.57.18 AM.png
5 Replies

Hi @1275080775,

Thank you for posting about this on the Community!

To start, we want to let you know that the Enhance feature is available only on the mobile app. Also, take into account that this feature is available only on your own playlists, you can't use it with another user's playlists nor collaborative playlists. 

With this in mind, could you try opening your account on your wife's or son's phone to check if you're able to see the feature there?

Alternatively, try opening a different account on your own phone to check if there's a difference.

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you so much for your reply / advisement.

I logged into my account on my wife’s phone and did not get/have the enhanced feature on my created (not collaborative) playlists.
We logged into her account on my phone and the enhanced feature was (still) there on my phone with her playlists.

Does this rule out anything or allow for other options to try? Thank you again for your help.

Hey @1275080775,

Thanks for running those tests and getting back to us.

The results indicate that the root cause of the issue might lie with that account itself. To that end, could you create a new account here? Your wife can then remove the old one from the plan and add it instead. If the Enhance feature is available there, you can use the steps here to transfer your music collection. We understand how this might be an inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted how things work out.

Mihail Moderator

Hello, I had the enhance feature on my playlists but when Apple replaced my phone and I restored everything from a backup, the enhance option vanished. How do I bring it back? Thank you. 

Hey there @renatosampaio,

Thanks for the post.

Enhance is still in testing, so it may become unavailable at some point. What you can try is to run a clean reinstall of the app following this Guide. This will completely remove Spotify and the related app data. This is a good idea, since some data files can often get corrupted if you install apps from backup.

Let us know if this helped.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts