iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Lyrics not showing

Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 15.0.2 Spotify 8.6.80.1180 My Question or Issue Apparently everyone in the world got the lyrics with the update. Expect me. How do I fix this ? Or rather how will YOU fix this ?! Empti...

• Regular
  • VALKSPOP
  • 856 replies
  • 312 likes
  • 856 replies
  • 312 likes

Downloading music on Apple Watch

Hey folks!Here's a few tips & tricks to share about downloading music from Spotify on your Apple Watch! - If you're looking to get started, check this out! Not seeing the 'Download to Apple Watch'-button yet? Make sure your Spotify app is up-to-date ...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ver
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes

Solved!! I have a different interface compared to my friends

Plan Premium Country Hong Kong Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 13.1.3 My Question or Issue I have just start using Spotify and I realise my interface in artists is different from those of my friends. My friends have the number of liked songs un...

• n0hero
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS][Other] Spotify volume stays at 0 after a call through Carplay

So, I'm in the car and using Spotify through Carplay. A call comes in and I answer it. After I hangup that call, Spotify will continue playing (I see the time counting on) but I don't hear anything anymore. It seems like the volume has remained at 0%...

• Casual Listener
  • So, I'm in the car and using Spotify through Carplay. A call comes in and I answer it. After I hangup that call, Spotify will continue playing (I see the time counting on) but I don't hear anything a...
  • bulutgzbyk
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • iOS
    Other
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

[CarPlay] Play direction is opposite to the sorting direction

So, since one of the recent app updates on iOS the sorting direction of songs in my playlist on carplay is now similar to what I see on my iOS device. So, I thought the entire problem was fixed. Turns out, it starts playing songs in the opposite dire...

• Casual Listener
  • So, since one of the recent app updates on iOS the sorting direction of songs in my playlist on carplay is now similar to what I see on my iOS device. So, I thought the entire problem was fixed. Turn...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • iOS
    Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Music randomly stops - Iphone 7 | iOS 13.3.1 | Family plan

Hello, I hope someone can help with this problem:My music randomly stops playing. Sometimes 5 times during a song, sometimes not at all. There is no logic to it. I've already tried the following suggestion found on the community: - clearing cache- lo...

• Visitor
  • Hello, I hope someone can help with this problem: My music randomly stops playing. Sometimes 5 times during a song, sometimes not at all. There is no logic to it.   I've already tried the fol...
  • Mario
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Music
    problem
    stops
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution spotify stopped working on my iphone

PlanPremiumCountrySwitzerlandDeviceIphone 7Operating SystemIOS 13.3 (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI have 2 iphones 7, both with the same version of IOSSpotify works on one but not the otherI also have an Ipad with the sa...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Switzerland Device Iphone 7 Operating System IOS 13.3     (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I have 2 iphones 7, both...
  • Mario
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution SONGS WON'T SHOW

PlanFreeCountryUSADevice(iPhone X)Operating System(iOS 13.3.1) My Question or IssueI just downloaded Spotify on my new iPhone x but the songs in my saved albums and playlists won’t show!! They appear only if i connect my device to my web (chrome) Spo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country USA Device (iPhone X) Operating System (iOS 13.3.1)   My Question or Issue I just downloaded Spotify on my new iPhone x but the songs in my saved albums and playlist...
  • robë
  • Visitor
  • 16 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 5 likes

No hide/heart button for playlist radios

PlanPremium CountryUSA DeviceiPhone 8 Operating System13.3 (17C54) Spotify Version8.5.42.1040 My Question or IssueThe hide this song/ button has disappeared from my playlist radios, I've tried restarting my phone, re-downloading Spotify, and logging ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium   Country USA   Device iPhone 8   Operating System 13.3 (17C54)   Spotify Version 8.5.42.1040   My Question or Issue The hide this song/ 🚫 butt...
  • Emilia_8
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone XS Max Stuck in Spotify

Hello, My phone is stuck in the spotify app, i cant go to home screen, cant turn the phone off and force shutdown dosnt work. Everything in spotify is working, but nothing else. When someone calls me the phone just vibrates but nothing comes up. I up...

• Hello,   My phone is stuck in the spotify app, i cant go to home screen, cant turn the phone off and force shutdown dosnt work. Everything in spotify is working, but nothing else. When someone...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play from Apple Watch 3 when iPhone is switched off

PlanPremiumCountryUK Device(iPhone 7 Plus, Apple Watch Series 3)Operating System(iOS 13.3, watchOS 6.1.2)both latest My Question or Issue I cannot play Spotify into a connected device from my Apple Watch when the iPhone is off. I have deleted apps on...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK   Device (iPhone 7 Plus, Apple Watch Series 3) Operating System (iOS 13.3, watchOS 6.1.2)both latest   My Question or Issue   I cannot play Spotify ...
  • loveglass
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Can no longer use Spotify in the car due to skipping issue

Until a week ago I regularly used Spotify in my car connected via USB cable but this is no longer possible because after playing just one song the app skips to the next and the next and the next and the next and the next and can't be stopped. The onl...

• Casual Listener
  • Until a week ago I regularly used Spotify in my car connected via USB cable but this is no longer possible because after playing just one song the app skips to the next and the next and the next and ...
  • Cottonbean
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Car
    iphone
    skipping
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast Episodes are gone

Hello, I have a podcast about nursing. I could see all my episodes but most of them are gone right now.I am wondering if there is any option to have them back and post them all again.Thank you,TessPlanPremiumCountry DeviceIphoneOperating System(iOS 1...

• Visitor
  • Hello,   I have a podcast about nursing. I could see all my episodes but most of them are gone right now. I am wondering if there is any option to have them back and post them all again. Tha...
  • Mario
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • podcast
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing Local Files

Hi, I'm a premium user in the US. I'm trying to get my local files to my iPhone6s from my Mac, which is running OS Catalina. My Question or IssueMy local files are stored at Users//Music. They show up and play on desktop, but they're greyed-out on my...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I'm a premium user in the US. I'm trying to get my local files to my iPhone6s from my Mac, which is running OS Catalina.   My Question or Issue My local files are stored at Users/<user...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Sync

I recently upgraded to an iPhone 8. I cannot get Offline Sync to work. It is working for one song oddly, but I'm wanting to add two more. I've done this successfully on my tablet and my previous phone, but it's not working on this one. All three song...

• Visitor
  • I recently upgraded to an iPhone 8. I cannot get Offline Sync to work. It is working for one song oddly, but I'm wanting to add two more. I've done this successfully on my tablet and my previous phon...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't play most songs or only plays 10 seconds when on bluetooth in car

Plan: PremiumCountry: Canada and USDevice: iPhone7Operating System: iOS 31.3 My Question or Issue: My Spotify won't play 95% of my downloaded songs, sometimes it just stops and won't play at all or it will play the first 10 seconds of the song and th...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium Country: Canada and US Device: iPhone7 Operating System: iOS 31.3   My Question or Issue:  My Spotify won't play 95% of my downloaded songs, sometimes it just stops...
  • HippieBoy
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify pauses randomly

My Spotify pauses every 30 seconds. It gets really annoying. It started off every one week in a while and then it stopped for a while. All of a sudden it started doing it again. Now it does it every day. It gets annoying when I’m trying to practice a...

• My Spotify pauses every 30 seconds. It gets really annoying. It started off every one week in a while and then it stopped for a while. All of a sudden it started doing it again. Now it does it every ...
  • Mario
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can’t remove liked songs from my own playlist and can’t edit my own playlist

When I make my own playlist I can’t edit it, nor can I remove liked songs from it. On my iPad I can manually move songs around, but not on my iPhone. PlanFreeCountryUSDeviceiPhone 11 + IPad Pro 2017Operating SystemiOS 13.3 My Question or IssueCan’t r...

• Visitor
  • When I make my own playlist I can’t edit it, nor can I remove liked songs from it. On my iPad I can manually move songs around, but not on my iPhone.  Plan Free Country US Device iPhone 1...
  • Brunelicia
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS][App Store] Fail to download the app from the App Store iPhone 11 iOS 13.3.1

PlanPremiumCountryItalyDeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 13.3.1 My Question or IssueI have just restored my new IPhone 11 from a iCloud Backup of my previous iPhone 8 Plus and I noticed that the Spotify app was missing. I have tried to reinstall the...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Italy Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 13.3.1   My Question or Issue I have just restored my new IPhone 11 from a iCloud Backup of my previo...
  • Emasil
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Hidden songs

Plan: FreeCountry: USDevice: iPhone XROperating System: iOS 13.3My Question or Issue: I accidentally hit the hide song button (the circle with the minus inside). In attempt to get the songs back, I removed these songs from myliked playlist so I could...

• Visitor
  • Plan:  Free Country: US Device: iPhone XR Operating System: iOS 13.3 My Question or Issue: I accidentally hit the hide song button (the circle with the minus inside). In attempt to get the ...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No sleep timer on iPad

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceiPad Mini 5Operating SystemiPadOS 13.3.1 I have the sleep timer feature on my iPhone but not on my iPad. Is there a reason for this?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US   Device iPad Mini 5 Operating System iPadOS 13.3.1   I have the sleep timer feature on my iPhone but not on my iPad. Is there a reason for this?  ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Playing on multipled Bluetooth devices

I know this must be addressed elsewhere but I can't find it. I have multiple bluetooth speakers throughout the house. But Spotify will only allow me to select one bluetooth device at a time. There has to be a way to play it on all of them...

• Visitor
  • I know this must be addressed elsewhere but I can't find it. I have multiple bluetooth speakers throughout the house. But Spotify will only allow me to select one bluetooth device at a time. There ha...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spelling mistake in the german version / "Künstle*innen"

The "Search" field does not contain "artist" (Künstler) but "Künstle*innen". The word does not exist, isn't readable and looks silly and at first glance robs the app of the impression of professionalism. Also in german, we only use apostrophe (but in...

• Casual Listener
  • The "Search" field does not contain "artist" (Künstler) but "Künstle*innen". The word does not exist, isn't readable and looks silly and at first glance robs the app of the impression of professional...
  • nicodemus1986
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes