Premium

Country

UK

Device

(iPhone 13 Pro)

Operating System

(iOS 15.5)

My Question or Issue

when playing music over data it now regularly stops or glitches for about 3-5secs even when i have a full signal and it’s now driving me nuts. I’ve rebooted phone removed and reinstalled the Spotify app, made sure latest updates are applied, cleared cache etc and it still does it. Please help!!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I believe I may have fixed this myself. Looks like it was a bluetooth issue after all that. Have unpaired and repaired devices and it now seems to be working ok. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @Spotiprobs,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

We understand you followed some troubleshooting. Can you try reinstalling the app again? A clean reinstall could make a difference in this case. You can give it a try, you can follow the steps to do it here.

Also, is this inconvenience present on another mobile device? It’d be awesome if you could check. You can ask for the mobile device of a relative or a friend to open your account and check.

On another tune, just to confirm, Is this happening over WiFi? Does the same thing happen if they try listening to music from the web player on your mobile device?

We'll keep an eye on your response! 

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi Carlos thanks for the feedback I have followed your instructions on the reinstall it’s still doing the same thing . It doesn’t have any problems with playing over Wi-Fi only on data even if I have full signal. Not sure what you mean by web player because when I’m on my phone it only allows me to open the app.

I have no other mobile device to test it on but it’s only been an issue for the last few months could it be something to do with my mobile carrier which is now EE ad I did always used to be on Three?

Thanks 

Hey @Spotiprobs,

Thanks for your reply in this thread 🙂

In this case, in order to isolate the inconvenience you mentioned, it'd be great if you could ask for the mobile device of a relative or a friend to open your account and check. It'd be very helpful if said device has a different mobile carrier. This way we can verify if the inconvenience has to do with your new mobile data.

You can also create a free test account to check if the inconvenience persists there. You can use your mobile device to do this. Let us know how it goes. 

Lastly, did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi Carlos, i think this is actually a bluetooth issue. It has a problem when I’m out listening to music as I’m either connected via airpods or car stereo… which are both bluetooth connections. I’ve since been testing listening to spotify over data directly through phone and its playing fine. That being the case…. How do i handle a bluetooth issue? 
Thanks

Marked as solution

I believe I may have fixed this myself. Looks like it was a bluetooth issue after all that. Have unpaired and repaired devices and it now seems to be working ok. 

Suggested posts