Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Apple Watch SE cellular bug?

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Washington Device Apple Watch SE Model A2354Operating System(iOS 7.2 version My Question or IssueEquipment: Apple Watch SE Cellular version and Bose Bluetooth Sport headphones. The app keeps freezing when I use the watch on a ru...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Washington   Device Apple Watch SE Model A2354 Operating System (iOS 7.2 version   My Question or Issue Equipment: Apple Watch SE Cellular version and Bos...
  • Julian
  • 25 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 25 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Offline not working/10 s stop

Not sure why this is happening but I have been unable to stream my downloaded music consistently whether I have service or not and a more frustrating and increasing issue, is the song will stop playing at 9-10 seconds. I followed a lot of the guideli...

• Not sure why this is happening but I have been unable to stream my downloaded music consistently whether I have service or not and a more frustrating and increasing issue, is the song will stop playi...
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Syncing between two iPhones

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevice(iPhone 7, iPhone XS)Operating System(iOS 14) My Question or IssueIs there any way to sync local files between two iPhones? I’m away from my PC but I just got a new phone and I want to sync all my local files from my old pho...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country US Device (iPhone 7, iPhone XS) Operating System (iOS 14)   My Question or Issue Is there any way to sync local files between two iPhones? I’m away from my...
  • Julian
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Gear Fit2 App Not Working

PlanFree CountryUSA DeviceiPhone Xr (issue is with Gear Fit2) Operating SystemPhone: iOS 15 Beta 2 (this was an issue on iOS 14 as well)Watch:R360XXU1ERC7 (Latest version of Tizen for the watch) My Question or IssueThe Spotify app on my Gear Fit2 doe...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free   Country USA   Device iPhone Xr (issue is with Gear Fit2)   Operating System Phone: iOS 15 Beta 2 (this was an issue on iOS 14 as well) Watch:R360XXU1ERC7 (Latest...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Apple Watch downloaded podcast stops and resets to beginning

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceApple Watch Series 6, cellular/WiFi Operating System7.5 My Question or IssueAs a jogger, I Want the single (long) podcast episode I listen to on my run to start where I left off on my last run, In Order To listen to an epi...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device Apple Watch Series 6, cellular/WiFi  Operating System 7.5   My Question or Issue As a jogger, I Want the single (long) podcast episode I li...
  • jvaleski
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Apple Watch
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

song won’t play will skip 5 songs then only plays for 10 seconds

PlanPremiumCountryEnglandDeviceiPhone 7 plusOperating SystemiOS 12.2when I click to play a song doesn’t matter if it’s in my playlist of just charts etc it won’t play the song I’ve clicked on, you can visibly see it skip 5 or more songs and it won’t ...

• Plan Premium Country England Device iPhone 7 plus Operating System iOS 12.2 when I click to play a song doesn’t matter if it’s in my playlist of just charts etc it won’t play the song I’ve cl...
  • bisgarik
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution I cant access podcast on iPhone 8

PremiumUSA Device iPhone 8Operating System iOS 10 I can't access podcast on my iphone 8 I tried deleting the app and re-installing it. That did not work. What is strange is that I can access the podcasts on my MacBook fine just not my phone. Thanks f...

• Premium USA   Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 10   I can't access podcast on my iphone 8 I tried deleting the app and re-installing it. That did not work. What is stran...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Add To Playlist glitch

WHEN: Only with certain tracks, not all the time. Has been happening for approx 2 months by now.WHERE: While listening to a track on iOS. Press the ... button and choose Add to PlaylistWHAT: Scroll to the desired playlist and press on it. Playlist ti...

• WHEN: Only with certain tracks, not all the time. Has been happening for approx 2 months by now. WHERE: While listening to a track on iOS. Press the ... button and choose Add to Playlist WHAT: Scro...
  • Josianne
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Music stuck at 0:00 and won’t play

PlanPremiumCountryCanada DeviceiPhone XROperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)iOS 10My Question or IssueAs of literally right now none of my msuic will play. I have my whole main playlist saved for offline and online I’ve tried insta...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Canada  Device iPhone XR Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) iOS 10 My Question or Issue As of literally right now none of my msu...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 8 likes

Superuser Contribution App not completely removed iphone

Removed the spotify App from my iphone. Now there are still parts of the app on my Phone. Cannot install app again because it says open instead of download. App is having a weird pictogram and i removed it, but it is still coming back. In the iphone ...

• Casual Listener
  • Removed the spotify App from my iphone. Now there are still parts of the app on my Phone. Cannot install app again because it says open instead of download. App is having a weird pictogram and i remo...
  • Julian
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Chinese Translation Incorrect

PlanPremiumCountryCNDeviceiPhone 12Operating SystemiOS 15 My Question or IssueOn “Edit Profile” page, when changing profile photo, the transition for "Choose from library" in Chinese should be "从照片库中选择"/"从相册中选择" not "从音乐库中选择" 

PNG image-D1171E030DF7-1.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country CN Device iPhone 12 Operating System iOS 15   My Question or Issue On “Edit Profile” page, when changing profile photo, the transition for "Choose from library" in...
  • Eni
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Apple CarPlay not showing full track list

Pretty frustrated right about now. I updated Spotify (which I never do) and it’s managed to break the app on my phone and in my car via CarPlay. On my phone, if I turn off audio normalization, it completely bricks the app and songs will not play. In ...

• Casual Listener
  • Pretty frustrated right about now. I updated Spotify (which I never do) and it’s managed to break the app on my phone and in my car via CarPlay. On my phone, if I turn off audio normalization, it com...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iPad app is too limited, not what you would expect from a word class provider

I’ve been a loyal user for years now. Moved on to an shiny new ipad pro. Tested spotify ipad app and cried. This is the absolute minimum to say you have a tablet app. It’s possible to play music with it, yes. You can find music, yes. BUT UI is not ev...

• Regular
  • I’ve been a loyal user for years now. Moved on to an shiny new ipad pro. Tested spotify ipad app and cried. This is the absolute minimum to say you have a tablet app. It’s possible to play music with...
  • twingocerise
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • folders
    iOS
    web
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Not syncing local files

Every time I add a local file to a playlist, whether from my downloads or my music library, it doesn't show up on my IPhone Xr when I download said playlist. I've tried everything I've seen (although it's mostly just spotify devs repeating the same s...

1B80AC48-1455-4AEC-A86B-D58216515BBF.png
  • Casual Listener
  •   Every time I add a local file to a playlist, whether from my downloads or my music library, it doesn't show up on my IPhone Xr when I download said playlist. I've tried everything I've seen (...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution 3-Dot Menu Button Gone

PremiumiPhone SE (2016) iOS 13.4.1 For the past full month now, the 3-dot menu button (which should be located in the top right of screenshots 1 and 2) for only playlists has disappeared. The button strangely remains for albums (see screenshot 3). I'...

• Visitor
  • Premium iPhone SE (2016)  iOS 13.4.1    For the past full month now, the 3-dot menu button (which should be located in the  top right of screenshots 1 and 2) for only playlist...
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Told that Apple Watch offline is just for premium users.

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone SEOperating System(iOS 14.6 My Question or Issue I remember reading that Apple Watch offline mode was just for premium users. Is that still the plan or is Spotify considering deploying it to all users?

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone SE Operating System (iOS 14.6    My Question or Issue  I remember reading that Apple Watch offline mode was just for premium users. Is ...
  • Julian
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle is still horrible in playlists

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceiPhone 6sOperating SystemiOS 14.6 My Question or IssueIt’s 2021 and the shuffling option is still horrible. Why in a playlist having many of my liked songs, those songs keep repeating over and over?!if I were to listen t...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device iPhone 6s Operating System iOS 14.6   My Question or Issue It’s 2021 and the shuffling option is still horrible. Why in a playlist having many o...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Shuffle Algorithm
    Shuffle Function
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs will not play (typically uncommon music or music I don't have in a playlist)

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiphone 11proOperating SystemiOS 14.6 My Question or IssueWhenever I search for music, if it is not a popular song or something I have on one of my playlists, it is common for the song to just never play.Examples:Lady Gaga -...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device iphone 11pro Operating System iOS 14.6   My Question or Issue Whenever I search for music, if it is not a popular song or something I have on on...
  • Novy
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS] app crashes after a few songs play, crashes again after starting from where it left off

PlanFree (had premium before)CountryU.S.DeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 14.5.1 My Question or IssueThis has been happening for a few weeks now, maybe a month or longer. A few songs will play and the app crashes suddenly, I try to re-open the app an...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free (had premium before) Country U.S. Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 14.5.1   My Question or Issue This has been happening for a few weeks now, maybe a month or longer. A f...
  • Novy
  • 30 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 30 replies
  • 4 likes