Country

US

Device

iPhone 12 Pro

AirPods Pro

Operating System

iOS 15.4

My Question or Issue

Sound is bending with AirPods Pro. This just started after the iOS 15.4 update.

steps to reproduce:

1. Enable spatial stereo audio.

2. Toggle transparency mode on and off to experience the sound bending effect.

4 Replies

Hey @Michael1231,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Spatial audio is a new Apple feature made for Airpods users. As it is an Apple feature, it's designed to work at its full performance on Apple services.

However, if Spotify is not working when this option is active, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble.

Also, could you try disabling the Head tracking option keeping the Spatial audio on to see if it makes any difference?

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

That solution did not work for me. Spatial sound on and off reinstalling Spotify, the sound still is totally crappy on The song “overthinker“by INZO. 

Hey @Horstsl,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

To keep investigating your case, could you confirm if the issue happens just with that single song? This will give us a better look at the issue.

Also, would you mind confirming if this audio issue happens only when your Airpods are connected to your device? If so, let us know if trying on a different device makes any difference.

Lastly, as there could be different versions of the same song, include in your next response the URI of the song with the audio issue.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

i have a similar issue, but when i have noise cancelling on

the sound quality gets bad i am playing bad bunny new album cant enjoy it because of it

Suggested posts