Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

local music has a green arrow but is still greyed out and cannot listen to on phone

Solved!

local music has a green arrow but is still greyed out and cannot listen to on phone

spotify has been working great for about a year untill about a month ago. My local file music which is all labeled correctly and by the all my playlists are set to online mode and available offline so that is not the issue has a green arrow under it but it is still greyed out and i can not listen to it it says it still needs to sync like a regular song but it already has the green arrow under it so I am confused. I have tried it all connecting my phone to the computer spam the available offline thing on the top right of my playlist on my phone and computer redownloading spotifty on my iphone logging in and out none of this has worked. i have a picture link to see what im talking about in attachements.

012.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'm having this problem too.

There is a current bug that causes any local files with special characters in the title (parenthesis, commas, dashes, etc.) to be unsynced randomly, usually after an update comes out for the iOS app.

It is likely that when you updated to one of the recent Spotify updates to the iOS app a month ago, the local files became unsycned due to this bug.

The developers are currently investigating this bug. Hopefully it will be fixed in an update soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

btw i have enough storage on my phone to store all my music

Marked as solution

I'm having this problem too.

There is a current bug that causes any local files with special characters in the title (parenthesis, commas, dashes, etc.) to be unsynced randomly, usually after an update comes out for the iOS app.

It is likely that when you updated to one of the recent Spotify updates to the iOS app a month ago, the local files became unsycned due to this bug.

The developers are currently investigating this bug. Hopefully it will be fixed in an update soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star

reinstalled spotify.... worked.... i dont want to do this every time

thank you for the responce

You're welcome!

Yeah, it works if you reinstall, but it might unync again later.

Hopefully the developers fix it in an update soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star

THIS PROBLEM IS STILL HAPPENING. 

UPDATED MY SPOTIFY APP ON IOS YESTERDAY AND I NOW HAVE TO RE-INSTALL....AGAIN!

THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR A SERVICE WHICH WE PAY MONTHLY FOR. 

@ojc97 

I just talked to someone at Spotify at they are still looking into this.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Same here.... I had to reinstall twice my local files ... really annoying !! instead of starting a third time I will return with google music app .... More stable! And in Canada we still have no right to discount for a second subscription. Enough is enough

What is the status on this?

Yes, re-installing the app fixes the probelm for like a month, but it keeps happening. This happens so frequently and arbitrarily, I am ready to go back to iTunes. 

@graysitory 

Status: The app developers are still looking into this problem 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Was there ever a solution for this? It’s happening to me now. I’ve added a bunch of local files to my playlist and some work and some don’t even though they all say they’re downloaded and the ones not playing are greyed out 

Hey @amyann,

Thanks for your reply in this thread 🙂

Could you share with us the troubleshooting you’ve already done? Keep in mind to sync local files from one device to another, the user must be actively logged in to both devices with Spotify open and on the same network.

Also, it's possible some of your tracks may be protected in restricted formats. You can install QuickTime on your desktop to allow most of these tracks to be played on Spotify. 

Lastly, can you let us know the exact make/model and OS of your device along with the Spotify version you use? In the meantime, we suggest you read this interesting article in which you can find more info about local files.

We'll keep an eye on your response! 

CarlosEModerator

Suggested posts