Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wont stop shuffling music

Solved!

Wont stop shuffling music

I already emailed them but wanted to get community feedback if anyone else had a similar problem. I have Premium.

I search for say Foo Fighters.

I make sure to type in the full band name and hit search.

Instead of selecting the band at the top i select "songs" so that i can play any related song to the searched band name. Which is why i type in the full name so that i don't get some random band in this playlist.

I play a song and it starts to shuffle from song to song like Pandora does when its trying to find related songs/bands.

There is no button to uncheck to stop the shuffle nor is there a setting to make it not shuffle.

Anyone have this same problem that can help me out?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok, you can access your Queue on bottom right corner of your screen, if you're using the desktop app (right next to the volume control).

If you're using the mobile app, play any song and your Queue will be on the top right corner of the screen.

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Hi @Rubenstine, welcome to the Spotify Community!

It looks like you have some queued songs in your app. When you choose Songs after typing an artist name in the Search bar, you get songs that contain the words you typed. So for say, you type Foo Fighters and hit (something like) "See all songs" it will list all Foo Fighters songs as well other artits songs that contain the words Foo and Fighters.

If you're getting songs that doesn't contain the words you typed, please double check your Queue is empty.

Let me know if this helps.

BittencourtSpotify Star

I looked all over this site and cannot find out how to empty my queue. Its still playing different artists from the see all songs list when i type in the full band name as mentioned before. If you could point me to some guides that would be great.

Marked as solution

Ok, you can access your Queue on bottom right corner of your screen, if you're using the desktop app (right next to the volume control).

If you're using the mobile app, play any song and your Queue will be on the top right corner of the screen.

BittencourtSpotify Star

Ok so i found what you were talking about and all of the songs were from say Foo Fighters. BUT, when i skipped to the next song it, yet again, played a related artist instead of from Foo fighters. So I resintalled the app and it fixed itself haha!... I cant beleive something so simple was able to fix. Im sorry for wasting your time on this. I should have thought about this from the beginning. Thank you again for helping me out here.

Hey @Rubenstine, I'm glad it's solved!

Let me know if you need anything else.

Enjoy 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

Im sorry to bring this up again but there is just something wrong with my application. Its still shiffling songs when tapping on the "see all songs" list. I tried clearing the queue as suggested and even re installed the application. It only does it for some bands i type in but i make sure to type in the full band name so that nothing else will pop up. If there are any other solutions or suggestions that would be great. I did notice that it will, for a split second, play the next song then play a random song. Sometimes its ok when i dont have a second to pick a difffernt song but annoying when im expecting the next song and get some random one.

I have the same problem. So let me see if this is what you want me to do. Erase and re-install the app. Should I take the engine out of my car and turn it upside down to drain the oil? Get real, fix it. You have software programers, fix it or fire them all.

I had this exact problem and this fixed it. Thanks 😊 

Hey @dmanthony I'm glad this helped you 🙂

Let me know if you need any other questions!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Thank you very much this solved my problem, haha i guess ill have to look up what is queue lol i might have been doing it without knowing what it is… but nonetheless, thanks

Hey @Valzeyan, you're welcome!

Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

Suggested posts