Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPad iOS Beta 16 podcast stop playing when rotating from landscape to portrait

iPad iOS Beta 16 podcast stop playing when rotating from landscape to portrait

Device: iPad Pro 11" M1

Subscription: Premium

Spotify Version: 8.750.416

My Question or Issue

Open Spotify while in landscape mode and select a podcast  via "Your Library > podcast name", then start playing the podcast. If you then rotate the iPad to portrait mode, playback will stop and you will be returned to the Spotify home screen and nothing is playing. Do the same thing again and the app will crash.

4 Replies

Hey there @eelpie123,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community. 

Could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? That way we can avoid any repeating steps.

If you haven't performed a clean reinstall of the app yet, we suggest that you do so following these specific steps. 

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind checking if the OS of your iPad is up to date?

Lastly, we'd like to know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update.

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thanks for the response. I tried no additional debug steps except for a clean reinstall (as per the instructions) and the problem still remains.

I am running the latest public Beta for iOS 16 (20A5312j). I noticed the issue after I installed the iOS 16 Beta.

Hey @eelpie123

Thanks for getting back to us.

You could try logging out, restarting your device, and logging back in to see if that makes any difference. However, based on what you mentioned and that we haven't seen any other reports about this, it looks like this might be related to your device's OS, specially since it's a Beta version and Spotify might still not be optimized for that OS. 

We appreciate this info and we'll pass it on to the relevant folks. However, we're afraid we can't commit to a timeline for when or if this will be fixed.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

I tried what you suggested, the behavior is unchanged.

Yes, please pass the information along to the relevant folks. That was my intent of the post - to report an app bug in iOS 16.

Suggested posts