Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I remove the “playing recommended songs for you” feature

How can I remove the “playing recommended songs for you” feature

I don’t want to listen to music that’s not in my playlist
66 Replies

i've tried to help but i give up. sorry and good luck .

This is infuriating! We spend a lot of time and effort to search, sort, and find specific tracks to curate a playlist, then set it to REPEAT, and Spotify decides to hijack the playlist at the end and insert absolute garbage into it! 
HEY SPOTIFY - YOU CAN "DO" AND "BE" BETTER!!

There is really a very simple answer to this, which is for Spotify to make their “recommendations an opt-in rather than a default. I assume this would mean that if Spotify’s recommendation algorithm continues to be terrible, users would know that they opted in and that there would be a simple box to uncheck to remove this “feature” for them. The suggestions given on this string gave me a way to stop the recommendations, for which I am grateful. However, not everyone is comfortable or confident in getting into the many layers of settings, across platforms. Put most simply, surprising users with a terrible algorithm creating content for them is a very bad way to do business. Make it voluntary, not default.

better yet, spotify needs to send someone from the staff to everyone with the problem so they could fix it for them.

I finally solved this problem. It was incredibly irritating and I read all the You tube posts etc which didn't apply to me. I figured it out yesterday. Relief!!!!!

Your random play icon that looks like two curved arrows that cross actually has 3 functions, not 2. When turned off, it will play your playlist in order. When turned ON, there are actually 2 ONS. One is to randomize your playlist and one is to randomize your playlist AS WELL AS adds recommendations. The two functions look almost exactly alike (they light up green when on) but one has a little dash on top of it and when you click on this option it actually does read that it will add recommendation. 

good luck all. I was so relieved to figure this out and enjoy my own playlist again! 

Thank you!

I think I see it now. It's way too subtle of a change to notice.

this is awesome

Suggested posts