Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I search for a certain song on my playlist after this new update?

Solved!

How do I search for a certain song on my playlist after this new update?

After this new update, when i pull down on a playlist to searh for a specific song, the search bar does not come up. How do I search for certain songs now? I have a playlist with 2200+ songs and searching for certain songs is really useful.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Spotify has removed this feature for free mobile users. If you need to re edit your playlists or sort them you have to use desktop or web player.

https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/features/sorting-and-filtering/:

This feature isn't available on mobile (unless you have Premium). Find out more about Spotify on mobile

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi @ssbmboo69 and welcome to the Community! 🙂

The search function should work as you've described. My iphone is running 8.4.52 which was updated two days and I have this option still.

Have you tried a fresh re-install yet just to see if that resolves it?

Hopefully it helps! 🙂

Hello Bethany, I deleted and reinstalled. But still when I go on my favorites playlist and slide down to search for a specific song it doesn’t come up. I don’t know what they changed this update but it worked fine before. I am using an iPhone SE on the latest iOS update and I am using the free version of spotify if that helps.

Hi @ssbmboo69 🙂

To be quite honest, I am not sure then if that feature is not standard on the Free update.

I am using a Premium account on the iPhone X  - so unfortunately, not a great comparison.

Typically, reinstalling the app fixes minor glitches like that so I don't have any better suggestions. =/

Marked as solution

Spotify has removed this feature for free mobile users. If you need to re edit your playlists or sort them you have to use desktop or web player.

https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/features/sorting-and-filtering/:

This feature isn't available on mobile (unless you have Premium). Find out more about Spotify on mobile

Why? Why would they remove this? Do they really have to remove quality of life features and make free more frustrating and hard to use just to get people to buy premium? Are they really that desperate?

That makes zero sense. There is no advertising that this is premium only on the app itself.
99% of new people trying spotify wouldn't realise it was premium only. They'd just think spotify is super inconvenient. 

Suggested posts