Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! Force touch to add a song to a playlist

I had an idea to make adding songs to a specific playlist easier. On the newer iphones, there is a force touch, where if you push a little harder you can bring up other menus that aren't available normally. If you could do this by pushing on a song t...

• Visitor
  • I had an idea to make adding songs to a specific playlist easier. On the newer iphones, there is a force touch, where if you push a little harder you can bring up other menus that aren't available no...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

music auto pauses and skip by itself

hi i’m an iphone 8 user and recently the spotify has been pausing and stopping music by itself. it also scan and skip songs and even at times it automatic touches the siri halfway while listening. it happens when the phone is in motion at times and w...

• hi i’m an iphone 8 user and recently the spotify has been pausing and stopping music by itself. it also scan and skip songs and even at times it automatic touches the siri halfway while listening. it...
  • Antiheld
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files won’t show up in « Artists » and « Albums » sections

Hello,So I added local files on my Spotify account, and I can listen to them as you can see on the picture. However my albums and artists won’t show up in the « Artists » and « Albums » sections of the app. Can someone explain me why ? Thank you

• Hello, So I added local files on my Spotify account, and I can listen to them as you can see on the picture. However my albums and artists won’t show up in the « Artists » and « Albums » sections of...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks missing from album

Pokey LaFarge’s, “Something in the Water album is incomplete and missing multiple tracks. Verified issues persists on PC, Mac, and iOS platforms and on different Dpitifu accounts. Pictures attached from Spotify and a simple google search to amazon to...

• Pokey LaFarge’s, “Something in the Water album is incomplete and missing multiple tracks. Verified issues persists on PC, Mac, and iOS platforms and on different Dpitifu accounts. Pictures attached f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps muting sound when playing in car

Hey,Got a new car recently (Seat Leon to be exact) - one of the main reasons I was looking forward to getting a new car was to be able to play music from Spotify via Bluetooth. This worked great for the last 4/5 months however over the last week I no...

• Hey, Got a new car recently (Seat Leon to be exact) - one of the main reasons I was looking forward to getting a new car was to be able to play music from Spotify via Bluetooth. This worked great fo...
  • Bassas
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Local files to Iphone error

I tried to synchronise a locale file playlist from my PC with my phone so that I can listen to them while on the road but all it does is only synchronise one title. Only the first one out of the playlist. This is really annoying and I could not find ...

• Casual Listener
  • I tried to synchronise a locale file playlist from my PC with my phone so that I can listen to them while on the road but all it does is only synchronise one title. Only the first one out of the play...
  • Isasam
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

German: Spotify-Offlineproblematik? Crossfade?

Hallo. Ich nutze die Spotify-Bezahlversion und speichere mir Stücke, die ich benötige, in der Bibliothek, indem ich einfach das Häkchen vor dem Titel aktiviere. Sie erscheinen dann im Ordner 'Songs'. Ich kenne die Anzahl der gespeicherten Titel in de...

• Casual Listener
  • Hallo.   Ich nutze die Spotify-Bezahlversion und speichere mir Stücke, die ich benötige, in der Bibliothek, indem ich einfach das Häkchen vor dem Titel aktiviere. Sie erscheinen dann im Ordner...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes when my phone moves

For the past two weeks I have not been able to run or even walk while using the Spotify app on my phone. When my phone is rotated or moved Spotify starts pausing, skipping through songs, fast forwarding. I have redownloaded the app and restarted my p...

• For the past two weeks I have not been able to run or even walk while using the Spotify app on my phone. When my phone is rotated or moved Spotify starts pausing, skipping through songs, fast forward...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone 7
    pausing
    skipping
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local files unplayable

So I've added some local files to some playlists. I did everything the process requires; added them on desktop, downloaded the playlists to my phone, etc. But for some reason, even though the playlist is downloaded, I can't play local files on my pho...

• Regular
  • So I've added some local files to some playlists. I did everything the process requires; added them on desktop, downloaded the playlists to my phone, etc. But for some reason, even though the playlis...
  • Worldracer99
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Gif in spotify

Hi, i am using Spotify for 2 months and recently i noted that for some songs in post of album cover there is somenthing like a gif image. Why? I am using Spotify on iPhone.

• Hi, i am using Spotify for 2 months and recently i noted that for some songs in post of album cover there is somenthing like a gif image. Why? I am using Spotify on iPhone.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 9 likes

Spotify over everything

I like to listen to spotify and multitask on phone. Sometimes the apps dont interrupt spotify but once the app has an ad it stops spotify. I can jump back and hit play again but about half the time the ad stops the music again. Is there a way i can l...

• I like to listen to spotify and multitask on phone. Sometimes the apps dont interrupt spotify but once the app has an ad it stops spotify. I can jump back and hit play again but about half the time t...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files not Downloading on iPhone

I just bought the new Taylor Swift album on iTunes and it showed up on my Mac fine and I can play it on Spotify there but for some reason these files will not download on my phone. I have uninstalled and redownloaded the app several times on my phone...

• Casual Listener
  • I just bought the new Taylor Swift album on iTunes and it showed up on my Mac fine and I can play it on Spotify there but for some reason these files will not download on my phone. I have uninstalled...
  • sarahkate317
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Won’t play video

Hello guys !! whats up ? Guys I have a premium Spotify account almost 5 years , but always have a problem with videos ! I using Spotify from United States and when wanna play video there is message like can’t play because of location . So , most inte...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello guys !! whats up ? Guys I have a premium Spotify account almost 5 years , but always have a problem with videos ! I using Spotify from United States and when wanna play video there is message l...
  • nareklorian
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound stops periodically for couple seconds and then is distorted after.

So I just started noticing while playing music on spotify the music will occasionally stop for a couple of seconds then resume playing. But shortly after it resumes playing the sound is distored and jumbled. It sounds like its "missing frames". I hav...

• Casual Listener
  • So I just started noticing while playing music on spotify the music will occasionally stop for a couple of seconds then resume playing. But shortly after it resumes playing the sound is distored...
  • changerrs
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Home, search and radio page don’t work

Since the last few updates I’m only able to use the library function in the app and listen to my playlist. I can’t search for music and artist, because the home, explore, search and radio page give an error every time I try to use them. Can anyone he...

• Casual Listener
  • Since the last few updates I’m only able to use the library function in the app and listen to my playlist. I can’t search for music and artist, because the home,  explore, search and radio page ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Home
    iphone
    Search
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Deleting downloaded tracks doesn't free up space

When I delete downloaded tracks in Spotify for iOS, the tracks seem to be deleted from the app, but they don't free up any space in my phone. The only eay to actuallye free up the space seems to be deleting the entire app. This shouldn't have to be t...

• Regular
  • When I delete downloaded tracks in Spotify for iOS, the tracks seem to be deleted from the app, but they don't free up any space in my phone. The only eay to actuallye free up the space seems to be d...
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Play Music without insert SIM Mobil Card

Hello,i have Premiumaccount and would like to use spotyfi on my old Iphone without SIM Card. It only work with simcard but i dont like mobil radiation

• Hello, i have Premiumaccount and would like to use spotyfi on my old Iphone without SIM Card. It only work with simcard but i dont like mobil radiation
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs start at 10 seconds.

I have spotify on my iPhone and every time a song plays it starts at 10 seconds. I even tried logging out and skiping the song, nothing works.

• I have spotify on my iPhone and every time a song plays it starts at 10 seconds. I even tried logging out and skiping the song, nothing works. 
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Download TAB gone from app. BRING IT BACK!

Ref to https://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/spotifyiOS/page/1/thread-id/87960.THIS IS NOT SOLVED, the workaround does not make sense. Bring the download tab back, this is ridiculous. 7 days and i’ll cancel my premium a...

• Casual Listener
  • Ref to https://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/spotifyiOS/page/1/thread-id/87960.THIS IS NOT SOLVED, the workaround does not make sense. Bring the download tab back,...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • App download tab gone premium
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

App just syncs half of my local files

I did everything as shown on the Website, but the app just stops the sync-process halfway through.My playlist is:- 100% .mp3 and not corrupted- playable on my desktop- syncing some songs but then stops- not showing the songs that are not synced, it j...

• I did everything as shown on the Website, but the app just stops the sync-process halfway through. My playlist is: - 100% .mp3 and not corrupted - playable on my desktop - syncing some songs bu...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes