Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Superuser Contribution An error occured: TRY AGAIN

I keep getting the message "An error occured: TRY AGAIN." I tried updating the app and my iOS. I deleted the app and insalled it agian. I also tried reatarting my iPad. Nothing works. Spotify plays just fine on my Samsung Phone, just not my iPad. Ple...

• I keep getting the message "An error occured: TRY AGAIN." I tried updating the app and my iOS. I deleted the app and insalled it agian. I also tried reatarting my iPad. Nothing works. Spotify plays j...
  • Ferus1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Follow tab is gone!

I can’t find the follow tab! It used to be right under the artist’s name but now there’s nothing there! Help!!

• Casual Listener
  • I can’t find the follow tab!  It used to be right under the artist’s name but now there’s nothing there!  Help!!  
  • Keanu_C
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files not transferring to new iphone

I've just upgraded iphones from a 6s to 8 and my local files on my mac are not transferring to my new phone.I've tried uninstalling spotify on phone and mac, reloading the local files to spotify and flicking the download buttons on and off. Why are t...

• I've just upgraded iphones from a 6s to 8 and my local files on my mac are not transferring to my new phone. I've tried uninstalling spotify on phone and mac, reloading the local files to spotify an...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

premium

O meu Spotify era premium e de repente ele deixou de ser e desde entao meu pai me manda o convite pra ser premium pelo email e aparece uma notificação dizendo que eu n posso. Alguem pode me ajudar pf? Abraços

• O meu Spotify era premium e de repente ele deixou de ser e desde entao meu pai me manda o convite pra ser premium pelo email e aparece uma notificação dizendo que eu n posso. Alguem pode me ajudar pf...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I want the music that I want

When I use Spotify on my computer I have no problem playing songs ... but with the phone (iPhone) it does not let me play the music that I want ... it just lets me put the songs in random and I do not know what to do .. Does anyone know how to solve ...

• Casual Listener
  • When I use Spotify on my computer I have no problem playing songs ... but with the phone (iPhone) it does not let me play the music that I want ... it just lets me put the songs in random and I do no...
  • martu99
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify starts playing automatically on Alexa...at all hours.

I stream music to my Alexa through spotify. After I tell Alexa to stop, a few minutes/hours later, the music just starts up again on its own. Not all the time, but often. And sometimes in the middle of the night. I have tried reinstalling the apps, r...

• I stream music to my Alexa through spotify. After I tell Alexa to stop, a few minutes/hours later, the music just starts up again on its own. Not all the time, but often. And sometimes in the middle ...
  • Rrazon
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes

My Songs Library is gone

I lunch the Spotify today and I noticed that a new layout was applied to my app, but this new layout removed my Songs Library and replaced it with a “Favorites” playlist which doesn’t have all of the songs from my library. How do I get my Songs Libra...

• I lunch the Spotify today and I noticed that a new layout was applied to my app, but this new layout removed my Songs Library and replaced it with a “Favorites” playlist which doesn’t have all of the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffling now going to artists that are not even related to artist I'm listening to

Why is the shuffling on a free subscription on mobile now going to an artist that is NOT even related to the artist I am listening to? Example: Listening to Led Zeppelin album, shuffles to Taylor Swift or some other contemporary pop music. This is al...

• Roadie
  • Why is the shuffling on a free subscription on mobile now going to an artist that is NOT even related to the artist I am listening to? Example: Listening to Led Zeppelin album, shuffles to Taylor Swi...
  • ab333
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

spotify plays/pauses song when moving

when i move and have my phone locked, spotify plays or pauses or switches songs when i move ( walk or just stand and hold the device). i tried to reinstall but it hasnt helped. i have iphone 7, ios 11.3 thank you for your help.

• Casual Listener
  • when i move and have my phone locked, spotify plays or pauses or switches songs when i move ( walk or just stand and hold the device).  i tried to reinstall but it hasnt helped.   i have ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bring the Radio Station back to iOS

Please, bring back the radio station feature and start radion dunction to the songs/artist. This was a great feature that make me chose Spotify. Now is gone, only on Windows app is still available for me... At least, if you test "new features", DO NO...

• Regular
  • Please, bring back the radio station feature and start radion dunction to the songs/artist. This was a great feature that make me chose Spotify. Now is gone, only on Windows app is still available fo...
  • nandi1956
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes

Poor sound quality via bluetooth headphones

Hi, I've got an iphone 8 and i've been using spotify via some beats bluetooth headphones. I never really noticed an issue with the sound quality until today. I got 6 months free Apple Music and when i listen to the same song on Apple music & Spotify ...

•  Hi,   I've got an iphone 8 and i've been using spotify via some beats bluetooth headphones. I never really noticed an issue with the sound quality until today. I got 6 months free Apple ...
  • Ikirouta
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs going on repeat mode when changing tracks

When I'm playing a song and manually advance to another track, that track automatically goes into repeat track mode (and does repeat when finished playing). So I turn off the repeat mode, and when the next track plays automatically or I advance to th...

• Regular
  • When I'm playing a song and manually advance to another track, that track automatically goes into repeat track mode (and does repeat when finished playing).  So I turn off the repeat mode, and w...
  • dalemoore
  • Casual Listener
  • 16 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution Accidentally downvoted a song on radio station. How to undo?

On mobile, I started a radio based off a song, and when I started to play the radio, I accidentally downvoted the song I wanted the whole radio based off of (first thing I do is usually give it a thumbs-up) and now it won't play that song at all. I'v...

• Casual Listener
  • On mobile, I started a radio based off a song, and when I started to play the radio, I accidentally downvoted the song I wanted the whole radio based off of (first thing I do is usually give it a thu...
  • Julian
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Saved songs delete

I’ve come across an issue to where nearly all of the songs on my Spotify account disappear. I’ll log in and my library only contains about 15 songs. I usually have somewhere in the ballpark of 800-1000+ songs saved and it’s frustrating having to redo...

• I’ve come across an issue to where nearly all of the songs on my Spotify account disappear.  I’ll log in and my library only contains about 15 songs.  I usually have somewhere in the ballpa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Discount for High school students

Hi!I bought premium student account today but it still free account.ı uploaded mine university transktript but it still free account.ı wanna use premium spotify,when can ı use premium account? Please Help me.thanks everyone.!

• Hi! I bought premium student account today but it still free account. ı uploaded mine university transktript but it still free account. ı wanna use premium spotify,when can ı use premium account?&...
  • Keanu_C
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No prompt to skip duplicates

When adding songs to a playlist, the prompt to skip duplicates is not displayed. The playlist selection just doesn't go away and the songs are not added. I either have to make sure none of the songs I'm adding are already in the playlist or go do it ...

• Regular
  • When adding songs to a playlist, the prompt to skip duplicates is not displayed. The playlist selection just doesn't go away and the songs are not added. I either have to make sure none of the songs ...
  • FearfulSymmetry
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Automatic downloads

Hey so is there any setting or tweak to be changed to stop the app fromautomatically downloading to offline a song I save to my library? Chewing up my phone storage and I don’t want them offline unless i specifically select one.

• Hey so is there any setting or tweak to be changed to stop the app from automatically downloading to offline a song I save to my library? Chewing up my phone storage and I don’t want them offline un...
  • twangothan
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Musik wird nicht gespeichert

Hallo, wenn ich Lieder über meine Spotify App speicher, finde ich sie immer unter "Songs", so wie es auch sein sollte. Meine ganze Bibliothek ist dort, all die Lieder die ich über Monate per PC, iPad oder iPhone gespeichert habe. Allerdings habe ich ...

• Hallo,   wenn ich Lieder über meine Spotify App speicher, finde ich sie immer unter "Songs", so wie es auch sein sollte. Meine ganze Bibliothek ist dort, all die Lieder die ich über Monate per...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Queue Function Stupid

What the heck is with the queue function on Spotify, it's the worst I've ever seen. On iOS you can't clear the queue, if something is accidentally added then you have to manually remove it all. On the desktop app there is no clear way to clear the qu...

• What the heck is with the queue function on Spotify, it's the worst I've ever seen. On iOS you can't clear the queue, if something is accidentally added then you have to manually remove it all. On th...
  • whoisthatnigga
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes