How do I delete a song from a playlist while on my iPhone?

Solved!

BarneyB
Casual Listener

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution!

Richard
Roadie
Just open the playlist, open up the options (three dots at the top) and you'll be able to edit your playlist. Remove songs by pressing the red symbol next to them.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

Solution!

Richard
Roadie
You should just be able to do this under My Settings > Preferences > Privacy
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

51 Replies

alexyang

This solution only works when you have only a few songs in a playlist. If you have a playlist with a couple of hundred songs, this solution is simply not achievable, because I can’t find that specific song in such a big playlist. 

Ps10200103

Hello I have iPad and I want to know the way delete a song from my playlist!

duniqueone

why is this so hard?

i here a song on my playlsit with 350 songs.

i dont like that song so i want to remove it. 

i have to open my list hit the 3 dots and then scroll till i find it then remove it

why can i just click it while its playing and remove it?

am i missing something?

Woutergronden
Casual Listener

Indeed, should become easier because 5+ clicks to delete 1 song is cumbersome

cheerjam414

I have a Samsung and a laptop but I can not figure out how to delete a song.  I clicked on the 3 dots by the playlist (not by the song) and 'edit' is not an option for me.  All the options are:

-play

-Add to Play Queue

-Rename

-Make Secret

-Share...

-Star Radio

-Copy Spotify URL and

-Delete (as in delet playlist, I tried)

What do I do?

Rialas
Roadie
This is ridiculous. I'm listening to a song in a playlist and decided I no longer want it in this playlist. Can't seem to find an easy way.

Bobleponge42
Casual Listener

I agree ! We can't delete a song from a playlist that we are listening ? We have to go on the playlist, search for it and then delete it ?

I can't understand how spotify think about developing their app... It's basic that functionnality !

DanielTimur
Casual Listener
How do I delete a song from my Playlist from the "now playing" menu. This is needed!

SpikeApple
Music Fan
Agreed. it is available on the PC and IPad, why is there no thumbs down or delete option at the phone level?

SpikeApple
Music Fan

Just mentioning, with the new update, there is now a way to delete a song from a playlist on the IPhone.  Select the playlist, touch the words "and more" to see the full list of songs, then for that song, hit the ... button.  it has four options, including "Remove from this playlist".

Lo-flying
Casual Listener
It's been like that for a long time but it doesn't solve the issue for huge play lists as explained.

pukaman
Regular

Did you try again today? I just did on my Galaxy s7 and there is a new option on each individual track. You don't have to find it in the massive playlist. You can delete the song that is currently playing from the playlist. This is what I wanted. 

Karambas123
Casual Listener

Hi, how do you do that?

Karambas123
Casual Listener

Hi. How do you do that?

Lo-flying
Casual Listener

Not yet on ios but that sounds awesome. Fingers crossed 🙂

pukaman
Regular

Thanks for the update! It only took Spotify 6 years to fix this easy problem. I guess I won't sell my SPOT stock after all. Maybe someone is actually reading these boards.

Chlog18
Does this completely delete the song? To allow me a little more memory to add more songs?

ArronW
Casual Listener

Here's also a guide to help you delete music from iPhone.

Feel free to check it out.

porscesder

If you have your iPod set to automatically sync with your iTunes library, then just right-click the song you wish to remove and click "delete" (and click "move to recycling bin" after). Of it goes into cyberspace. If you don't want to permanently delete songs from iPhone, then uncheck it.

If you have your iPod set to manually manage your music, then you will need to plug your iPod into your computer. Then click "Music" under the iPod icon on iTunes (there may be an arrow hiding all the divisions of your iPod, but click it so it faces downwards). When all your songs are displayed, do the same thing I said above. It will no longer be on your iPod, but it will still be on your iTunes.

Jathter

By removing songs from playlist you don't remove them from device.

SUGGESTED POSTS