How do I delete a song from a playlist while on my iPhone?

Solved!

Re: How do I delete a song from a playlist while on my iPhone?

porscesder

If you have your iPod set to automatically sync with your iTunes library, then just right-click the song you wish to remove and click "delete" (and click "move to recycling bin" after). Of it goes into cyberspace. If you don't want to permanently delete songs from iPhone, then uncheck it.

If you have your iPod set to manually manage your music, then you will need to plug your iPod into your computer. Then click "Music" under the iPod icon on iTunes (there may be an arrow hiding all the divisions of your iPod, but click it so it faces downwards). When all your songs are displayed, do the same thing I said above. It will no longer be on your iPod, but it will still be on your iTunes.

synasoft

Is it possible to remove a song from a playlist while listening to it, when I click the three dots, I do not see that feature.  Is that feature available on Premium?

Peter__
Community Legend
No, you need to remove it from the playlist view.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Weav

I do not have a red dot when i press the 3 dots.  How do I remove a song from a playlist on Iphone 4?

cjayex

Thanks for that,works a treat.

ArronW
Casual Listener

Here's also a guide to help you delete music from iPhone.

Feel free to check it out.

rainerxl

So you have to search for the title by scrolling in the playlist before deleting it? Sorry, but this is cumbersome. I want to delete the actually playing title. Not possible? Why?

Chlog18
Does this completely delete the song? To allow me a little more memory to add more songs?

DanielTimur
Casual Listener
How do I delete a song from my Playlist from the "now playing" menu. This is needed!

SpikeApple
Music Fan
Agreed. it is available on the PC and IPad, why is there no thumbs down or delete option at the phone level?
SUGGESTED POSTS