Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to download the APP on a Iphone perchased in China?

Solved!

How to download the APP on a Iphone perchased in China?

I really hope someone here coud help me with my annoying problem,since i don't see anyone else  asking similar things.

So i have my Spotify account created in Italy,then i went to China for a while,during this time i've got a new Iphone. Since the Spotify is not available in chinese APP store, so i waited to try to download it when i got back in Europe. My final result is, i still can't download the APP, which is very painful because i still pay the fee but i can only use it with the PC : (

SOS! Thanks so much~

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, congli2012,
I am not sure my answer will apply without knowing if your phone is sim locked, on a different carrier than your current or if it's listed on a different apple ID.

But from what I know in general - iphone's internal SIMS are locked to the carrier they are purchased from. Unless you bought this one unlocked - it can then be used anywhere on any provider.
You would possibly need to contact the Chinese phone carrier to request a SIM unlock to be used in your home country as Apple does not unlock SIMS.
The Apple help forum boards have a range of topics that may also be useful to you since this may be more on the phone side since your PC works with your account.

Feel free to check out their community as well if my response is not entirely helpful and good luck! 🙂

https://discussions.apple.com/community/iphone

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, congli2012,
I am not sure my answer will apply without knowing if your phone is sim locked, on a different carrier than your current or if it's listed on a different apple ID.

But from what I know in general - iphone's internal SIMS are locked to the carrier they are purchased from. Unless you bought this one unlocked - it can then be used anywhere on any provider.
You would possibly need to contact the Chinese phone carrier to request a SIM unlock to be used in your home country as Apple does not unlock SIMS.
The Apple help forum boards have a range of topics that may also be useful to you since this may be more on the phone side since your PC works with your account.

Feel free to check out their community as well if my response is not entirely helpful and good luck! 🙂

https://discussions.apple.com/community/iphone

Hi, Betheny_3,
Yes your answer is very useful thank you so much, my iphone has no sim block but i did used a diffrient Apple ID, i'll try to change it.

You're an angle!

Suggested posts