Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to get premium if you live in Canada?

How to get premium if you live in Canada?

I finally got the app and loving it so much! unfortunately I cant buy premium service because I am in Canada. How do you pay premium using your itunes balance? or through the app?

13 Replies

You need to use a payment method based in a country where spotify is available to be able to get a premium subscription I'm afraid.

thats unfortunate, guess I'll use Deezer then until Spotify is available in my country

Spotify Premium says it is available in Canada. I am receiving 7 free days now and I want to accept the offer for a 30 day service. I put in my credit card number but when I click to complete the purchase it says "wrong password". What password is it talking about. Obviously, since I can sign into my account I am using the password I set up. What password are they talking about?

THIS IS NOT VERY IMPRESSIVE. I WANT TO SUBSCRIBE; I AM WILLING TO PAY; BUT I DON'T SEEM TO BE ABLE TO DO IT. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY?

In Canada as well, would love to give Spotify my money for the premium service, but doesnt look like there is a way?

I got it. I was told to use a different browser or a 'hidden' window. What I did was removed the credit card I had put in to pay for it and then re-entered it, and used the separate browser. With that it was no problem.

I have, however, dropped the premium, after learning that you can only have 10,000 tracks in your My Music section.

@gringofred There's a technical limitation of 10,000 tracks in My Music, however you can create playlists and add unlimited tracks to those playlists..
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Too cumbersome, when I can just keep Rdio, which has no such limit.

Every company has its pro's and con's. I used Rdio before Spotify and was very displeased with the sound quality compared to Spotify. Every day I choose Spotify because the apps are great, the music selection is prime, and the sound quality is the best out there. 

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

You are right about the sound quality. Spotify is definitely better than Rdio, as I know from having the two at the same time. However, easy access to a huge number albums is also a priority. Maybe I should just subscribe to both.

I'm sure the Spotify team has plans to increase the limit on My Music as its a bug. Personally, I don't see it as a big problem as I've loads of music on the playlists and I sort them using the Playlists folders.. So I could have folders of folders of playlists 😄
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

that wouldn't be a terrible decision if you can afford it. I don't have that luxury lol 😞

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Actually, the idea of folders of playlists makes some sense. I listen mainly to classical music (plus a little country) so I could, for example make a play lists for each Beethoven album and then combine them into a Beethoven folder. Are you saying that by doing this, I will have no limit problems? In other words I can convert as many albums as I want into playlists, irrespective of how many tracks in total I have? If this is so, maybe I should keep Spotify for awhile at least and see how that works out, because the sound is definitely better. I think Spotify's sound on the computer app is as good as itunes or better; this is not true for Rdio.

@gringofred Glad you understood from my point of view regarding the folders of playlists!
I'm here to shuffle!

Suggested posts