Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to listen to Spotify on airplane mode

Solved!

How to listen to Spotify on airplane mode

I'm going on a plane soon and it's a long flight. I'm wondering how do I listen to my music on my iPhone 6 if I have Spotify premium and I'm on airplane mode

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If you go to the 'Your Library' tab, then playlists, and click 'Edit', you can click on the the grey arrows so they are green. This will cause the playlist to download onto your phone.

If you would like to download your entire 'Songs' playlist, navigate to it and at the top there's a swtich you can turn on to make the playlist 'Available Offline'.

I recomend using WiFi to download the songs. All the songs in the playlist you make available offline witll queue up and download over time. 

You can set the quality of the audio you download. Higher quality will take longer to download and will take up more space on your phone, but will sound better. To change this, navigate to the in-app Settings and and then 'Streaming Quality'. You can change the setting under 'Download Quality'.

Once downloaded, you can listen to the music without an internet or network connection. 

I hope this helps!

If this is a good comment, please give it kudos. If it solves your issue, please accept it as the solution.

Check out my playlists for some new music - follow so I can check your music out too.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

If you go to the 'Your Library' tab, then playlists, and click 'Edit', you can click on the the grey arrows so they are green. This will cause the playlist to download onto your phone.

If you would like to download your entire 'Songs' playlist, navigate to it and at the top there's a swtich you can turn on to make the playlist 'Available Offline'.

I recomend using WiFi to download the songs. All the songs in the playlist you make available offline witll queue up and download over time. 

You can set the quality of the audio you download. Higher quality will take longer to download and will take up more space on your phone, but will sound better. To change this, navigate to the in-app Settings and and then 'Streaming Quality'. You can change the setting under 'Download Quality'.

Once downloaded, you can listen to the music without an internet or network connection. 

I hope this helps!

If this is a good comment, please give it kudos. If it solves your issue, please accept it as the solution.

Check out my playlists for some new music - follow so I can check your music out too.

Thank you man It worked! You saved me from a boring flight 👌

So when I'm on the plane I can listen to my Spotify all my songs without Wi-Fi connection? I dont have premium do i need that?

Didn't work for me. Tried downloading everything multiple times and it still won't allow me to listen to music while in airplane mode. I will be canceling my membership. Can't wait for a boring 11 hour flight. Waste of money.

Thank you so much!  I'm new to Spotify and not finding it to be all that easy to figure out.  Maybe i just have to mess with it more.  Thanks for saving me from pulling my hair out! 

Ok so once I have the music downloaded which it is now. All green. Do I just go to that same playlist and play it offline from there when I’m on the plane? I board in an hour so please reply ASAP. Thank you so much. This really helped 

Yes u need premium 

Suggested posts