Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to remove downloaded songs from iphone IN the mobile app...and other general gripes and wishes.

How to remove downloaded songs from iphone IN the mobile app...and other general gripes and wishes.

Spotify drives me insane. I miss Rdio more every day, but I digress...

The issue I'm having is I can't figure out how to remove entire albums, or entire artists, from the mobile app. I want to remove some things, free up space, and then add new music. Other posters have indicated I should just switch off the "download to mobile" button, but this button does not exist in the view I am seeing. That view is going to my libary > artists > [any artist]. There is just a button that says "Download" and if I click it it switches to "downloaded." The thing is....the music is already downoaded! And the switch is by default set to "download," as opposed to "downloaded." The switch in effect does nothing for music I have already downloaded, which is all of my music when I'm not on wifi....

1. Why the hell doesn't Spotify just have a button that takes you to your actual library that is downloaded? I know you can see them with the filter, but that's annoying and tedious. 

2. There appears to be no rhyme or reason to when the little green arrow and circle show up to indicate something is downloaded. I have turned my phone on airplane mode and some of my downloads show it and some don't, but all are playable without any internet connection. 

3. How do I remove albums or artists instead of clicking each individual song and removing from mobile? I don't want to use "remove from library." It's not that I don't like the artists, I just want to change up what's on my phone...

4. Why the hell isn't there a subdivision WITHIN artists for each of their albums? I don't want to search all my albums, I want to look into a specific artist and choose the albums there. GIVE ME THE OPTION!! 

Seriously, spotify, every day I'm tempted to make a new app to compete with you. There is no other choice, and that's the only reason I'm a subsriber right now. I will give you credit where credit is due though; I love the discovery weekly. Otherwise, get your **bleep** together and clean out the trash of this app. Go study Rdio and it's simple, elegant design. RIP Rdio... I really want to liek you, spotify, but you make it so difficult. 

1 Reply

@kevincharles

Check this thread, many are in the same situation:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad/How-do-I-delete-the-synced-offline-files-from-...

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts