Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to scroll to a current playing song from a large playlist?

How to scroll to a current playing song from a large playlist?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 12.2, Spotify 8.5.3.784

My Question or Issue

I have a large playlist with more than 600 songs from different language and artists. Whenever I'm listening to a song from this playlist, I have to scroll down/up for long time to location where the song is in the list. Is there a quick way to do it so the song is shown in the playlist and I can know the song's before and after it?

There was a question for the same issue couple years ago by others:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/is-there-a-way-to-find-the-current-song-being-playe...

But it was never understood by Spotify and forcely closed. I hope someone could come up with a real solution this time.

7 Replies

It's about scrolling the playlist to directly show the currently playing song.

Nobody has the same requirement?

I would have also thought this was a good idea, but I guess the only time I wanted it was when I wanted to remove a currently playing song from the playlist. I guess for the purposes of that one could search the playlist for the song, then remove it that way.

IT IS FIXED! YES!

In Version 1.1.48.625.g1c87c7f7-a on Windows.

Clicking on the Album Art brings you now to the played track. But only when you are currently show a different page than the current played playlist. (Hope you understand what I mean)

This should be implemented in mobile side also.

Hi folks! 

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry for the delayed reply, we just stumbled upon this thread.

Currently, this is only possible in the desktop app as @limex mentioned by clicking on the album art. 

However, it seems that other users would like to have this option as well in the mobile app and posted this idea. You can add your support there by up-voting the idea. We'll inform on any developments there, as soon as there are any. Make sure to subscribe, if you haven't already. 

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I have found another way on mobile. Maybe it's already know.

On the banner click on album art -> click on top where there is the name of the play list : open the playlist and jumps to the current song

However I think it's definitely useful to have a live scrolling playlist while playing tracks from a playlist. It's really annoying to scroll on very long list of songs. You get really lost.

Suggested posts