Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to view a playlist's created date and updated date on Spotify for iOS?

How to view a playlist's created date and updated date on Spotify for iOS?

Plan

Premium

Country

Texas, United States

Device

iPhone 6s Plus

Operating System

(iOS 13.3.1)

Spotify iOS Application Version

My Question or Issue

How can I view a particular playlist's created date or updated date when using Spotify on an iOS device?

Top Answer
jbarkerhill
Gig Goer

As a workaround, the playlist dates are still available on the desktop app. 

So that at least is better than nothing. I like to look at dates of playlists I made to remember when I made them and associate them with periods of my life. 

24 Replies

Hi. On the mobile app? Hmm mine doesn’t have that when I scroll up down the playlist 

Hey this happened two years ago, the mobile app still doesn't show you the playlist creation date? That seems like an easy fix.. it's been two years...

There is an option to see when you added songs to your playlist. I'm not sure if its on the mobile version but on my laptop I can see "date added" on playlists, its not an exact like "see when the playlist was made" feature but it can help you figure it out

This is insane. Why would Spotify deny us access to such basic info? instead they keep on doing irrelevant and totally useless interface changes. Like changing where the picture is positioned in a profile page.. stop fooling around and bring back basic info on dates instead!

I agree. The Spotify developers should get their priorities straight. The basic functionality of the playlists are messed up, such as the repeat playlist function staying broken for months after many requests to fix, and the dates not being visible even though many people have requested they be brought back. And they're making pointless changes to the UI that people aren't asking for. Still not the end of the world, but just seems strange to not fix the basic functions yet have time to change around the look of the app. I assume some code is more critical to the function of the system and so the developers don't want to risk breaking stuff, and maybe the UI is less risky to change

Suggested posts