Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't play downloaded local files on iPhone any more

I can't play downloaded local files on iPhone any more

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone 11

My Question or Issue

I was able to download local music files from the Spotify app on Macbook to the Spotify app on iPhone 11. I was also able to play those downloaded files on the iPhone. However, after I changed the download quality from "normal" to "highest", I can no longer play the downloaded files. Neither can I download any more files from Macbook to iPhone. The same problem happened before, but went away after I switched the download quality back from "highest" to "normal". Unfortunately, the problem persisted this time, even after I reverted the download quality setting. I have also tried many other ideas suggested in this forum, but none has worked. Has anyone else run into this problem? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

2 Replies

That sounds really strange, have you tried making sure you have enough storage on your device? The higher quality can sometimes take up more than you would expect, so I think that may be a good place to start. If that hasn't worked, would you mind letting me know some of the other things you have tried? I'll try and come up with a way to help 🙂

Thanks for help. I figured out the problem. When I raised music download quality to the highest, I also said yes to the question "do you want to improve the quality of downloaded music". I think that triggered Spotify to remove the local files on my iPhone as they were below 320 kbit/s. However, Spotify was not able to fetch any local files from my Macbook either because they were also below 320 kbit/s.

Suggested posts