Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can’t tap songs to play after a certain point in a playlist.

Solved!

I can’t tap songs to play after a certain point in a playlist.

Plan 

Premium

Country

France 

Device

iPhone 13

Operating System

IOS 16.4.1

Spotify version 8.8.36.571

My Question or Issue

Recently, I’m unable to select songs after a certain point in a playlist.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

> We always work on improving the user's experience and we advise that you keep your Spotify up to date with the latest version, so that you don't miss out on any fixes and improvements.

Or when it breaks something like listening to more than 150 songs.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

As an additional detail. This only occurs when “casting” to a speaker

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this.

We'll need to gather more info about what's happening first. Can you share a more detailed description of the situation? Additionally, let us know if this happens with just one device and if you've tried any troubleshooting steps to fix it (e.g., a reinstallation, a soft reset, a different device).

Lastly, send us the make and model of the speaker you're using.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello @Susan_GP,

I have a playlist with 460 songs.

If I connect my iPhone/iPad/macOS app to a speaker, and try to play any song past the 150th one, the app does nothing on iPad and iPhone, but the desktop app display the message "Spotify ne peut pas lire ce contenu pour le moment. Si vous possédez le fichier sur votre ordinateur, vous pouvez l'importer."

If I want to choose any song past the 150th one, I have to disconnect from the speaker, select it, then reconnect. I still can add the songs to the queue by swiping, but that does not solve the issue.

The issue is happening with version

• Spotify  pour macOS (Apple Silicon) 1.2.8.923.g4f94bf0d
  • Spotify for iPhone and iPad 8.8.37.574

I tried restating the app, restarting my phone, but as the issue is present on 3 of my devices, I think that the issue is somewhere else.

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

In this case, as mentioned by @Susan_GP above, would you mind sending us the make/model of the speaker that you're using? That'll help us better understand what's happening on your side.

On another note, just to confirm, is this happening when playing a specific playlist, or does it happen no matter what playlist you choose to play? Also, did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event, such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details.

Lastly, if yours is a smart speaker (such as a Google Nest or an Echo Dot), we suggest making sure and verifying if its firmware is up-to-date. It'd be great if you send us a short video recording of what's happening, so we can better visualize what you're mentioning. You can attach the video in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and make it public, so we can watch it.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello,

I'm using a Denon AVR-S750H receiver to stream my content.

I also tried to reproduce the issue with another playlist, put it did work as expected, so it seems that the issue is with the "liked songs" playlist only. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure this started happening in the last two weeks, and I'm pretty sure it was after the app update, and not related to an OS update.

I tried updating my receiver software, but there were no update available on that end.

You can see with the link attached what's happening.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DfAmuOnGzkMzPnHMpY7X5sn7OwW5Me7u/view?usp=sharing

Hey @user-removed,

Thank you for keeping in contact and sharing the information.

If it's not happening with a different playlist, it could be possible that the issue could be related to the liked songs. In this case, to first check if this is not cache-related, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article (if you haven't done it before).

Also, would you mind checking if pairing your devices with a Bluetooth connection makes any difference or if the issue persists?

Lastly, could you confirm if the app has the same behavior if you're casting directly from your device and not connected to any speakers? This will give us a better look at the issue.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, 

I did try the clean reinstall, and it didn't fix the issue.

I also tried while connecting via Bluetooth, and I was able to play all the songs I couldn't before.

I also tried to connect to another device (a sonos M3) and had the same issue.

Finally, I didn't really understand what you did mean by “casting directly from your device”. If you were asking if the issue was present without being connected to any device, then no. 

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Since casting via Bluetooth was possible and the issue is not present when you stream directly via your devices, we'd suggest you reach out directly to the support team from Denon/Sonos about this. Firmware updates on receivers/speakers and app updates from Spotify's end sometimes get out of tune which might cause certain incompatibility and behavior like this one.

We always work on improving the user's experience and we advise that you keep your Spotify up to date with the latest version, so that you don't miss out on any fixes and improvements.

Hope it gets sorted out soon. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

LyubkaModerator
Marked as solution

> We always work on improving the user's experience and we advise that you keep your Spotify up to date with the latest version, so that you don't miss out on any fixes and improvements.

Or when it breaks something like listening to more than 150 songs.

Suggested posts