Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I cannot log in on the app

Solved!

I cannot log in on the app

I logged out of Spotify on my iphone last night so that I could do something on my children's account. When I went to log back into my account today it won't let me back in. I usually hit "connect with Facebook" and have never had a problem with it. I've tried everything I could find to try.

I have reset my password. I have tried logging in with my username and password (username is just a bunch of numbers?). I deleted and reinstalled the Spotify app. It's still not working. When I try to log in it says "something went wrong, please try again later". It doesn't matter if I'm trying with my username/password or connecting through Facebook.

I got so frustrated that I created a new account that's not connected to facebook and I cannot log in with the new account either!!! What is going on? This is completely infuriating and making me reconsider paying for Spotify.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 13.3.1

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @taaly,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

You mentioned in your post that you already tried removing and reinstalling the app.

Since that didn't do the trick, it'd be a good idea performing a thorough uninstallation of the app following the steps in this Spotify Answer instead.

We'd also suggest giving a try to the following, if you haven't already:

• Log in to your account using a different device to see if the issue persists
  • Reboot your modem and restart your iPhone device
  • Try a different internet connection (for example, if you're connected on WiFi when this happen, try switching to 3G/4G data)
  • Check your device's security settings for any that might interfere with logging in to Spotify. If you spot one, make sure to disable it temporarily and try logging in the app again to see if that helps.

If you're still seeing the same error message after checking the above, it'd be helpful if you could let us know, including the following details:

• Exact Spotify version (you can check this on the App Store)
  • When was the last time you were able to log in?
  • Are you able to log in to the Account overview page from that device?
  • Can you access the Spotify Web Player?
  • All the steps tried - you can also include screenshots and video clips, if they're helpful, just make sure that there's no private/sensitive info when posting in the Community!

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @taaly,

You mentioned in your post that you already tried removing and reinstalling the app.

Since that didn't do the trick, it'd be a good idea performing a thorough uninstallation of the app following the steps in this Spotify Answer instead.

We'd also suggest giving a try to the following, if you haven't already:

• Log in to your account using a different device to see if the issue persists
  • Reboot your modem and restart your iPhone device
  • Try a different internet connection (for example, if you're connected on WiFi when this happen, try switching to 3G/4G data)
  • Check your device's security settings for any that might interfere with logging in to Spotify. If you spot one, make sure to disable it temporarily and try logging in the app again to see if that helps.

If you're still seeing the same error message after checking the above, it'd be helpful if you could let us know, including the following details:

• Exact Spotify version (you can check this on the App Store)
  • When was the last time you were able to log in?
  • Are you able to log in to the Account overview page from that device?
  • Can you access the Spotify Web Player?
  • All the steps tried - you can also include screenshots and video clips, if they're helpful, just make sure that there's no private/sensitive info when posting in the Community!

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply!

KaterinaModerator

Plan

Premium

Country

AU

Device

(iPhone 😎

Operating System

(iOS 13)

My Question or Issue

Hey all, i am having trouble logging into ios spotify app.

I have tried logging in many many times, changed my password, tried making a new account, using apple id, clean reinstalling, updating and using the email log in link but consistently i get the error message 'Something went wrong, Please try again later.' I am really looking forward to being able to use spotify but i just cannot access it on my iphone. ( i can access it on the internet and on an old android phone that i own). 

Thanks for any help.

Hey there @tommycooper,

Since it looks like the steps above helped @taaly, could you give them a try and let us know how things go?

Keep us posted - we'll be right here if you need more help!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Hello,

I have the same problem - unable to log into the Spotify app on an iphone - I have tried all the steps detailed above.  I can log in to Spotify Web Player & yes I can log in to the account overview page on the device.  I just cannot log into the Spotify app!  I have tried using email & password combination (which I know is correct as I can log in to the web player & the account overview page & I have tried using the username that appears on my account overview page.   Just keep getting the error msg: : "something went wrong, please try again later".  Or if I try to log in without password (I try email address as well as username), I get the error msg: "it doesn't match a spotify account. please try again later".  This is an older iphone - Model MF321X/A however 2 days ago, Spotify worked perfectly, unfortunately I signed out by mistake & now can't sign back in!!!

Hey @jjhendo4,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

It's a good idea to make sure that the firmware is up-to-date.

In case you're using a VPN, you can turn it off to check if anything changes.

If the issue persists, could you share with us the exact Spotify version that is running on your device? We'll also need the OS version. We'll look into this further.

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator

Hi

I am also having this issue on an older iPhone.  Got logged out and now can't log back in. Having 'Something went wrong' issue. Done fresh install. FB/Email login doesnt work. I can login on laptop.

Spotify version 8.6.30

iOS 10.3.3

iPhone 5c (can't update firmware)

Hey @MusicMonika,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

The minimum system requirements for Spotify on iOS is iOS 12. The support for older iOS versions is deprecated.

You can head to this article for more information about the system requirements.

If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator

Thank you for your help.

I am unable to confirm the Spotify version as I can't get passed the sign
in part of Spotify. As for OS version, it's 10.3.3 & is up to date. Yes, an
old version but it was working fine until a few days ago!

Hey @jjhendo4,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We don't officially support this version so we can't guarantee that it will work as expected.

While it might've worked before, these are the minimum requirements needed for the app to run correctly.

We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator

I am having the same issue. I have followed each and every single suggestion set above, with no results. I have contacted apple directly, and after giving me similar suggestions and tips, still no change from "something went wrong" appearing in my app. Please. Could I log in again? I have an IOS 14.7. It is up to date. 

Hi there @,RJCl

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you let us know which device/devices this occurs on?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Same as everyone here. Everything is up to date but can’t log in on iOS. Have followed all steps and nothing works.

Hello,

I have same issue with everyone, started 2 days ago. I did the steps from the list above but I can’t still log in on the app. I’m using Iphone 12 pro version 15.1.1 and spotify app version 8.6.84 based on the app store. 

FD2AED4C-EACA-4D88-AD3F-04EB766E0A50.png

Ok so I gave up. Did nothing and then 2 hours later tried again and it worked. It also fixed the issue that I originally logged out to fix (I couldn’t select songs in playlists and could only shuffle). Glad it works but it took an hour of trying all the solutions suggested to get nowhere.

Hey @Ross83,

Thanks for your post.

Glad to hear that the app works fine again.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator

Bought used 2015 Tesla S. Started Spotify account. Everything fine for a week. I can get into the app on my phone no problem but Tesla now says “unable to login. Please try again later” 

tried everything I can think of. Anyone???

Hey @RicksTesla,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

In this case, we'd like to gather as much info as possible. Would you mind letting us know exactly what troubleshooting you've tried so far? This'll help us avoid repeating steps.

We'll be on the lookout for your response.

LyubkaModerator

Hello. I am having the exact same problem so I tried all of your solutions and it's not working. I can't remember the last time I logged in, but a few days ago I suddenly found I was logged out of my app and now I can't log in. I have version 8.8.54.481 and I can access the account overview page. Please help.

Hey @LauraCristina

Thanks for getting in touch about this and welcome to the Community! 

Just to confirm, are you getting any error messages when trying to log in to your account? If so, sending us a screenshot of it would come in handy. You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.

Additionally, we'd like to know if this happens across all devices or only on a specific one. 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts