Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I don't want Spotify to recognize my Ipod anymore

I don't want Spotify to recognize my Ipod anymore

I set Spotify up to sync with my iPod because i thought i could get all the songs from Spotify on my Ipod,  that was before i knew it didnt work with my iPod now it keeps deleting all the songs i have on my iPod every time i plug it in to my computer. By the way i dont keeps songs in iTunes i just keep them on the Ipod and manual add songs.

11 Replies

I need to get Spotify to not recognize my ipod anymore.

For sure somebody would know how to do this.

I can see how no one working for Spotify would know this, they don't even know how to put alphabetizing on their app.

Try the opposite of these instructions. Basically tell iTunes not to allow disk use on your iPod and you should be golden.

Community Ergo Sum

Its greyed out on itunes.

"By the way i dont keeps songs in iTunes i just keep them on the Ipod and manual add songs."

I mange my songs manually therfore disk use is greyed out. 

What do i do now?

Anybody?

First, try this:

http://www.spotify.com/help/faq/ipod-integration/how-you-stop-syncing-your-ipod-with-spotify/

If that doesn't work:

What type of iPod is it? I.e. does it run iOS?

If so, I can try manually disconnecting it from our end.

If, as I suspect, it's an older iPod, you can try uninstalling Spotify and your local settings, found here:

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Spotify
%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Spotify

Community Ergo Sum

Yeah it's an older iPod I think 5th generation I bought it around 2007. If I reinstall will i lose all my playlists or will they be there when I log on?

Playlists you create in Spotify are stored on your account on the server, they only go away if you manually remove them.
Community Ergo Sum

So my best bet is to reinstall?

Suggested posts