Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I’m unable to play certain podcasts

Solved!

I’m unable to play certain podcasts

A few of my podcasts refuse to play, I’ve logged out and back in, I’ve deleted and redownloaded the app, I’ve restarted my phone, I even logged out deleted the app restarted my phone redownloaded the app and logged in and it still doesn’t work. I have an iPhone XR on iOS 15.5(19f77) Spotify version 8.7.40

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Warlordi2,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community! Apologies for the delayed response, but I came across this thread just now. 

Sorry to hear that you're having issues playing podcasts on your device right now. Kudos for providing your device details and Spotify version number up front - this really helps and saves time for everyone here! The behavior you're describing is odd so let's try to troubleshoot this more!

Right now there is a newer version of the iOS app for mobile, so I propose to try and make a clean reinstall as prescribed for your iOS in the linked article. This is a more thorough reinstall process that will get rid of any left-over cached files, which might be causing trouble. See if the newer version in combination with the clean reinstall will make things work as expected.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Update: I’m not able to play any of my podcasts, but I can still play music.

Marked as solution

Hey @Warlordi2,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community! Apologies for the delayed response, but I came across this thread just now. 

Sorry to hear that you're having issues playing podcasts on your device right now. Kudos for providing your device details and Spotify version number up front - this really helps and saves time for everyone here! The behavior you're describing is odd so let's try to troubleshoot this more!

Right now there is a newer version of the iOS app for mobile, so I propose to try and make a clean reinstall as prescribed for your iOS in the linked article. This is a more thorough reinstall process that will get rid of any left-over cached files, which might be causing trouble. See if the newer version in combination with the clean reinstall will make things work as expected.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Kiril Moderator

Thank you so much, I’ve been trying for a while trying to fix the problem before coming to the community to try and fix. The clean reinstall worked and if I have any more problems I’ll do it again. Thank you so much again and have a great day!

Hey again @Warlordi2,

Thanks for letting me know that everything is working fine now 🙂

Remember to always keep your app updated, so you don't miss any fixes or new feature releases. Don't hesitate to give the Community a shout if you have more questions.

Have a great day and stay safe!

Kiril Moderator

Suggested posts