Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify crashes intermittently after 1 minute

PlanPremiumCountryNorway DeviceIphone 12 My Question or Issue Spotify closes down after +/- 1 minute if I put the screen to rest. Does not matter if the song is online or offline. If I keep the screen awake the issue goes away.

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Norway   Device Iphone 12   My Question or Issue   Spotify closes down after +/- 1 minute if I put the screen to rest. Does not matter if the song is onl...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs stuck at 0:00 , not playing

Hi spotify community! I’m writing because I’ve been facing a really annoying issue for the past few weeks: lots of songs on my favorite albums get stuck at 0:00 (it won’t play even a second of it). My phone says the song is playing even though there’...

• Hi spotify community! I’m writing because I’ve been facing a really annoying issue for the past few weeks: lots of songs on my favorite albums get stuck at 0:00 (it won’t play even a second of it). M...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 39 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Songs not playing
    stuck track
  • 39 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify is Slow on iPhone 11 Pro

Plan: Family PremiumCountry: USA Device: iPhone 11 ProOperating System: ios 14.7.1 My Question or Issue:Spotify has been extremely slow for at least the last 3 days on my iPhone 11 Pro. And oftentimes, will randomly stop playing and the app will shut...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan:  Family Premium Country: USA   Device: iPhone 11 Pro Operating System: ios 14.7.1   My Question or Issue: Spotify has been extremely slow for at least the last 3 day...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Option to disable recommended songs in Playlists

PlanPremiumCountryGermany DeviceiPhone 6SOperating SystemiOS 12.1.4 My Question or IssueIs there any way to disable the suggested songs in a playlist? In earlier versions the recommendations were behind a dropbox menu and could be hidden. Now the rec...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany   Device iPhone 6S Operating System iOS 12.1.4   My Question or Issue Is there any way to disable the suggested songs in a playlist? In earlier versi...
  • Xenia
  • 12 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Recommendations
  • 12 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Song won't play when pressed

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone XsOperating SystemiOS 12.4 My Question or IssueThis morning when I tried to use the spotify app, when I tried to play a song it wouldn't play. The app recognized I pressed it but didn't actually play it. The player ab...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone Xs Operating System iOS 12.4   My Question or Issue This morning when I tried to use the spotify app, when I tried to play a song it wouldn't play...
  • ohio_isnt_real
  • 21 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Mobile
  • 21 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Opening Safari

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceiPhone XsOperating SystemiOS 14 My Question or IssueRecently when I have been playing music the app keeps opening a page on safari. Safari prompts "Open this page in Spotify?" When I tap "open", Spotify opens and then sends m...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country   Device iPhone Xs Operating System iOS 14   My Question or Issue Recently when I have been playing music the app keeps opening a page on safari. Safa...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Recently Played playlists in Library incorrect order

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevice(iPhone 12 mini)Operating System(iOS 14.4) My Question or IssueContext: I like to see which playlists I haven’t played in a while.issue: when I sort my playlists in the library by Recently Played, I like to scroll to the end...

• Music Fan
  •   Plan Premium Country US Device (iPhone 12 mini) Operating System (iOS 14.4)   My Question or Issue Context: I like to see which playlists I haven’t played in a while. issue: w...
  • Elena
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Remove last played song before closing

Is there a way to open Spotify and NOT have the last played song be on the queue? When I close the app on my iphone12, and don’t open again for at least a week, the song/playlist I last listened to is still there. Is there a way to delete the song be...

• Casual Listener
  • Is there a way to open Spotify and NOT have the last played song be on the queue? When I close the app on my iphone12, and don’t open again for at least a week, the song/playlist I last listened to i...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Hiding a Song in Playlist?

PlanPremium family planCountryUSDeviceiPhone 7 PlusOperating SystemiOS 14.7.1 Hey y’all! I’m trying to figure out if there’s a way to hide a song from just one playlist. I already tried hiding the song itself within the album/single it’s listed under...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium family plan Country US Device iPhone 7 Plus Operating System iOS 14.7.1     Hey y’all! I’m trying to figure out if there’s a way to hide a song from just one p...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Random No Sound Issues with Amazon Echo Dot

I am playing music on my Amazon Echo Dot from my iPhone running IOS 14.x Issue:Randomly the music stops streaming though the scrub indicator shows the music actually playing How to ReproduceStream from Spotify to ECHODuring play (when a song is playi...

• Regular
  • I am playing music on my Amazon Echo Dot from my iPhone running IOS 14.x   Issue: Randomly the music stops streaming though the scrub indicator shows the music actually playing   How t...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Mobile][Playlists] Filter Playlist By Date Added

Similar to the Desktop client, you have the ability to filter songs by the Dated Added. On mobile, it seems the playlist begins with oldest song added. Could we change or add the option to begin the playlist with newest songs added rather than scroll...

• Casual Listener
  • Similar to the Desktop client, you have the ability to filter songs by the Dated Added. On mobile, it seems the playlist begins with oldest song added. Could we change or add the option to begin the ...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mobile
    Playlists
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

No Podcasts showing up

PlanPremiumCountrySaudi ArabiaDeviceiphone 8, and pc.Operating Systemios 14. My Question or Issuethere is no podcasts appearing in the spotify app, or the spotify website.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Saudi Arabia Device iphone 8, and pc. Operating System ios 14.   My Question or Issue there is no podcasts appearing in the spotify app, or the spotify website.
  • SaadTaifun
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Podcasts
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Playback issues on search page

To whom it may concern, Now I do not know if I am the only one experiencing this or if others have as well but this is what I’ve been dealing with for the past month or two. So I go to search for a song and the exact song I’m looking for pops up but ...

• Regular
  • To whom it may concern,   Now I do not know if I am the only one experiencing this or if others have as well but this is what I’ve been dealing with for the past month or two. So I go to searc...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App crashing instantly

every couple of months there’s a bug that will cause my app to crash after playing music for like 20 seconds and restarting, closing redos loading everything doesn’t help and then there’s a bug update fixes it a little bit goes backs to crashing then...

• Regular
  • every couple of months there’s a bug that will cause my app to crash after playing music for like 20 seconds and restarting, closing redos loading everything doesn’t help and then there’s a bug updat...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App

I can’t scroll play or do anything once I access the app on my iPhone is it just stay still and I’m not able to scroll down or play anything or click out some thing like I want I even tried uninstalling and installing the app twice logging out and lo...

• I can’t scroll play or do anything once I access the app on my iPhone is it just stay still and I’m not able to scroll down or play anything or click out some thing like I want I even tried uninstall...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not working on iPhone 6s Plus

I don’t know how it happened but Spotify has stopped responding. I cannot navigate anywhere, pressing any icon is of no use. The screen just remains halted.

• Casual Listener
  • I don’t know how it happened but Spotify has stopped responding. I cannot navigate anywhere, pressing any icon is of no use. The screen just remains halted. 
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify on iPhone 5

PlanPremiumCountrySwitzerlandOperating SystemiOS 10.3.4My Question or IssueWe were using an old iPod touch (Model A1421, October 2012) to play music in our restaurant. Now that this device is totally broken, we had to change to an iPhone 5 (Model A14...

• Plan Premium Country Switzerland Operating System iOS 10.3.4 My Question or Issue We were using an old iPod touch (Model A1421, October 2012) to play music in our restaurant. Now that this dev...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App crashing after few seconds of playing

When I connect with Bluetooth to my car the app completely closes itself out after playing a song for about 50 seconds. This happens every day at the same time. I’m not sure if it has to do with the area I’m in (poor cell reception), but the playlist...

• Visitor
  • When I connect with Bluetooth to my car the app completely closes itself out after playing a song for about 50 seconds. This happens every day at the same time. I’m not sure if it has to do with the ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS] Storylines not functioning correctly

Currently, they’ll only show the first image of a storyline and won’t go any further. I hope this will be fixed in a future update, it ruins a very useful section.Video proof: https://youtu.be/G8zkFuSoZ-U

• Casual Listener
  • Currently, they’ll only show the first image of a storyline and won’t go any further. I hope this will be fixed in a future update, it ruins a very useful section. Video proof: https://youtu.be/G8zk...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Issue with playback and local files

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone 12Operating System(iOS 14)My Question or IssueHello,I recently got a new phone and half of my local files wont shift to my phone even though they're playable on my computer. Some of my local files will download just f...

• Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 12 Operating System (iOS 14) My Question or Issue Hello, I recently got a new phone and half of my local files wont shift to my phone even though they'...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes