Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify automatically logged in new iPhone?

Spotify automatically logged in new iPhone?

Plan

Premium

Country

Spain

Device

(iPhone 11)

Operating System

(iOS 13)

My Question or Issue

Hi Guys, I'm just curious about the following behavior which I never had in any other iPhone before. I got a new iPhone and configured as a new device (without restoring any backup), I donwloaded Spotify from the AppStore and right after opening it, I was already logged in my account, able to see all my lists etc.. That was great but I was wondering how's that possible?

Could it be related to the Apple ID, or icloud details from the iOS device? I saw similar questions here in the community but no one with a clear explanation on why this happens.

Did you ever experience this? Can a Spotify Member confirm this?

Thank you very much in advance!

2 Replies

Hey @Deividddfg, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

It might be that your Spotify credentials are saved in the iCloud account. Keychain specifically, and iOS can sure work pretty seamless across different devices, it's one if it's strengths.

Spotify's are also working on making it easier for users to log in. For example the magic email link you can receive so you can login without a password it's one example.

It could also be something else though, it has happened to me a few times, it's just to make the user experience better.

Hope it helps 🙂

I experienced the same thing today... But I don't feel it is any great but a bit creepy.. I hope Spotify can explain this well and make an option to stop this function.

Suggested posts