Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with downloading

Problem with downloading

Hello I have a problem. I can't download songs to my device and it says: The limit of the number of devices has been reached. I drowned my old phone so I don't know how to log out on it or anything....
Thank you for your advice.

12 Replies

Hi,

You can try to press the Sign out everywhere button here: https://www.spotify.com/account/sign-out-everywhere/

i cant download my playlist, it says "remove all downloads from another device"
please remove my downloads

Hey there, welcome to the Spotify Community!

You can log out from all the devices and this should remove the downloads from those devices as well. To process, please head over to the security and privacy section of your account settings on spotify.com and click sign out everywhere. You can also click here for a direct link.

Once that is done, try downloading on your current device.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you need help with anything else.

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

had to change to a new smart phone. Spotify login ok, but when I try to download my old lists, I keep getting the message "too many devices active" although I completely deleted the previous device. I tried to reload, delete, login again, ... nothing works! PLS HELP

Hey there @abbidabbi70,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, have you tried removing the downloads from the previous phone by going to Settings > Remove all downloads or by completely clearing the app's cache and data? 

If so and you're still seeing the device limit, you can reach out to our Support team here. They'll be able to check your account and remove your offline devices from their end so that you can download music on your new phone. 

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I bought a new phone and now i am unable to download my playlists on my new phone. A pop up says that i have to delete some of my offline devices in the settings but i can‘t find where i can delete my old device.

Hi there,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

In this case, log into one of the old devices where you're no longer using Spotify, tap on your profile picture > Settings and privacy > go to Storage > select Remove all downloads.

You can also remove the downloads manually and for more info you can check out this article

Hope this helps and we're here if you need us 🙂

IvelinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Me sale un mensaje ya completo el límite de de escuchar offline

a mi me sucede lo mismo y no tengo spotify en ningun otro dispositivo

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We hope you don't mind us answering in English as this is the official language of the forum.

That being said, keep in mind, you can download as many as 10,000 songs on each of up to 5 different devices. You can read how this works here.

You can remove your downloads by starting Spotify on the device which no longer needs the downloaded content and using the Remove all downloads button by going to Settings> Storage. If perhaps you use a computer device, you can remove downloads there manually, by locating the downloaded content.

@anibal22, remember a device can stay offline for a maximum of 30 days, then all offline content will be disabled and the license will be revoked. Once a license has been revoked, you can download offline music on a new device.

Nonetheless, you can also reach out to our Customer Support team, so they can help you by adding some insights and further advice about your account. You can find how to contact them here.

We hope you found this helpful. We're always here to help.

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Cuando quiero descargar una canción me dice que alcance el límite de dispositivos y solo lo uso en mi celular, no en otro dispositivo

No puedo descargar musica

Suggested posts