Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Impossible to Delete Playlist

Solved!

Impossible to Delete Playlist

(yes, I do know how to properly delete a playlist , this one appears to be legitimately impossible to delete)

Hey guys, so I'm having an issue. I've tried reinstalling Spotify, and even restoring my Ipod (an iTouch by the way, either 4th or 5th gen.) but nothing seems to do it.

The problem is this: I have a playlist folder that refuses to be deleted. Attempts to delete it simply crash the app. Oddly enough, this playlist folder dosen't even show up on my computer (just on my Itouch and my Kindle Fire), and when I put another playlist inside it, this new playlist shows up on my computer as if it wasn't in a folder.

This whole problem seems to be a result of the Spoton Radio application (which functions the same way Spotify radio does, just as a seperate app). This app was set to put all the tracks I "liked" in a new playlist. As each station was set to do this (and as I like to be organized), I moved these files around. Apparently it didn't like this, or something unrelated glitched, and now (after using the app again, although I'm not 100% sure how it happened) I have this undeletable playlist folder (inside of which is another playlist folder, although there isn't an option to delete this second one.

The folder is named "Albums", and folder within it is named "SpotOn Radio".

Strangely, the playlist folder has the icon which denotes that it is synched offline, but there is not a single track on it.

Also, there is a playlist within one of my folders that also only appears on my iPod, and can't be deleted (It is within a folder called "Music", and it is titled "Misc.".

If an admin could go in and delete it for me, or tell me how to proceed, that would be much appreciated. It dosen't really affect the app's performance, but it bothers me. 

Thanks

(p.s., sorry for the long post)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I contacted Spotify through email and they fixed this. I'm just posting here again so that no one sees this and wastes their time trying to fix it when it's good.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

I looked through the forums and it appears that my playlists are corrupted, and that an admin could fix this. Could someone be so kind as to fix the folders and playlists I mentioned above?

Marked as solution

I contacted Spotify through email and they fixed this. I'm just posting here again so that no one sees this and wastes their time trying to fix it when it's good.

Suggested posts