Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Increase in ads for free users?

Increase in ads for free users?

So the last two days I have noticed a huge increase in ads as a free user. I'm not sure if this is just an IOS issue but I'm not aware of one on the web player, granted I haven't used it as much to know for sure. 

I get about 3-4 ads for every 2 or 3 songs. A llot of the ads just keep replaying over and over again, so for example I'll get a set of 4 spotify ads regarding spotify itself. The ads were never this excessive and I'm not sure if this is a new change to the spotify free for everyone or its a problem that is unique to me account. Please help. Thanks!!! 

7 Replies

I've notice the exact same problem in the past few days. I'll listen to a couple of songs then four back-to-back spotify ads will play. I am curious if they recently increased the ads for free users.

Can someone address this issue please. 4 spotify ads after 2 songs is a bit much don't you think. I even updated the app to the latest one thinking that would solve the problem but it doesn't. I do get the option to watch a 30 second ad for 30 minutes of uninterrupted music, but that is a bit hard to do while driving. I'm not against ads but maybe the current amount is too much!!! Is this a change or is this a bug?

So after some more testing of the latest version of the app,  I"ve counted a total of 4 ads for every two songs. All the ads are spotify ads and its freaking annoying. Ads lasted for 1 min 30 seconds total. I'm not listening to very long songs either. each song is rougly 4 minutes, so about a 2 minute ad every 8 minutes. 

Hey @IntoTheVoid and @ambiguous, welcome to the community

Spotify is aware of the issue and is looking for a solution! I'll let you know when there is an update! 🙂 

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

I highly doubt this is a bug or an "issue".

Its an obvious play by Spotify to increase subscription, they make far more revenue from signed up users than ads.

I have no problems with that, just dont give the bull**bleep** story that its a bug or issue lol!

Im a software developer, and "a bug" that "nudged/pushed" people to pay is a feature my boss would fire me for removing!

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for your feedback and comments about this.

We have passed this onto the relevant team to have a look at.

Ya, I totally would not be surprised if that's a thing....the longer you are a free user for, the higher your ads per song rate. looking sly, spotify.

source:annoyed free user

Suggested posts