Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Iphone X - Spotify music stops playing when I lock the screen

Iphone X - Spotify music stops playing when I lock the screen

Spotofy music stops playing when i lock the screen 

16 Replies

Same here.

I’ve tried a hard reset of the phone (lock button + minus volume button for 10 secs) and it solved the issue now.

Try it.

I'm having the same issue, just done a hard reset so let's see if it works....Looks like it has worked

I have the exact same problem here.

And I tried to hard reset it. It worked before other apps were opened e.g. fb, firefox. Hope spotify team can fix this asap. 

Same problem 

Found out this happends when using 3.5mm  converter when my own earphone with no mic. Earpods with lightning has no problem.

Having the same problem. I did a hard reset and it solved it for a day and then it comes back. I’ll start playing a song, lock my phone to shove it in my pocket and the music stops just as i do it. If I start playing the music again via the controls on the lock screen thats fine - it keeps playing. It’s a total pain! 

Sadly not found a solution to this yet but i have noticed a trigger for it. If I use Apple Pay (nfc) that starts the problem with spotify, even if you end all apps, it persists. Only way to temporarily correct it is do a hard reset but it always comes back.

Been having same problem since using iphone X and ios11.

it stops if you do hard reset. The trigger is when you use apple pay. In my case i have my office badge in a pocket sticked to the back of my phone. When spotify is working fine, then use my badge to enter office (which is at the back of the phone) the problem starts to appear. Note: i can see the apply pay app starting when using my badge.

not sure if the root cause is ios or spotify but its a pain... 

Hi jbgouret

I think the problem is ios. I pretty much always use Spotify for music but i tried listening to a song in my regular music library after I hit the problem and sure enough, the same thing happened.

Check out this thread here: 

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8148053

go to settings and change 

go to manual set up 

settings- 

Music (on Spotify) stops playing randomly with and without AirPods. Wether I’m in the Spotify app or any other!

I have this problem, it happens when I lock and then when I unlock with Face ID. Done a hard reset but it always returns after a day.

Had the same problem for some days.

I’ve switch off the iphone X completely and now the problem has been solved.

let a music complete play once and to next one , then you can lock off screen, the music will continually play on the background, since the playback mode in music App has been memorized. This is why someone set lock off screen mode for 5 minutes it also work because a song usually less then 5 min and then go to next one before screen has been locked off.

I have ta very similar issue... On an Iphone 7 however. I start a song, lock the screen but the song just stops randomly when my phone is in my pocket/on my desk. I believe I had not had this issue before installing the latest iOS... Really annoying... 

Suggested posts