Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is Last.fm integration one-way in Spotify iOS app?

Solved!

Is Last.fm integration one-way in Spotify iOS app?

I've just added a Premioum Subscription to Spotify, and was planning to have Last.fm recommend tracks for my on my iPhone.

However, the only Last.fm functionality I see is scrobbling - there seems to be no way to get Last.fm recommendations on my iPhone.

Is this really true?!?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

yes it is one way - at least if you're mobile only. If you use Spotify on PC (or, I assume Mac) there is a Last.fm app which is brilliant. It will recommend albums which you can quickly add as playlists, for example, and it also allows you to love tracks while they are playing.

The other option available to you is to use spotibot to generate playlists for Spotify from you last.fm loved or recommended lists, but I've never tried it on a mobile device... might work!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

yes it is one way - at least if you're mobile only. If you use Spotify on PC (or, I assume Mac) there is a Last.fm app which is brilliant. It will recommend albums which you can quickly add as playlists, for example, and it also allows you to love tracks while they are playing.

The other option available to you is to use spotibot to generate playlists for Spotify from you last.fm loved or recommended lists, but I've never tried it on a mobile device... might work!

Yes, it was exactly this functionality that I was missing on the mobile 😞

Thanks for your answer!

(edit: I remembered my manners and included a thanks 😉

Last.fm have their own iOS application, which I have yet to actually try. This might provide some nice recommendations.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Suggested posts