Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is it possible to have playlist's on my desktop version without having them on my phone?

Is it possible to have playlist's on my desktop version without having them on my phone?

Can somebody help me?? I just recently subscribed to Spotify premium but I only have an 8 GB iPhone and all of my playlists won't fit on my phone but I don't want to have to get rid of them

5 Replies

You can have the playlists on your phone even with only 8GB of space.  The individual tracks won't get synchronized unless you enable them for offline use.  If you don't have offline enabled for a playlist, the playlist can still be used on the phone if you have a data connection and can stream it.  If all your playlists have been enabled for offline use, just disable the ones you don't want on the iPhone, and you should be able to do what you want.

Alternatively, when you go to synchronize your device with Spotify, you should have two options - "Sync all music to this device" or "Manually choose playlists to sync."  Choose the second option, and then check only the playlists you want to put on the phone.

I haven't enabled any of them for offline use, but for some reason the more playlists I make the less memory my phone has so I don't want all of them on there

In that case, the second part of my previous reply should work for you.  You can choose only to sync specific playlists to your device.

I have none of them enabled for offline use and only one of them checked to be on the phone. Yet they're all still there and there's certain ones I don't want on my phone 😞

After researching this further, it turns out that you can't do this as I explained earlier.  The option that allows you to only sync the checked playlists refers to offline playlists.  All of the playlists will appear on the device whether or not they are enabled for offline use, but they will only be enabled for offline use on the device if they are checked on that screen.

I wish I had better news for you.  I'm not sure if this is a bug, or a feature.  You might want to post this as an idea for consideration over in the Ideas & Feedback area.

Sorry we couldn't make this work for you!

Suggested posts