Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is there any way to use Spotify w/ FordSync?

Is there any way to use Spotify w/ FordSync?

I jsut got a new Ford Explorer, and I'm absolutely at a loss as to how to get Spotify to connect to it over the bluetooth. I connected my iPhone to it, but the car won't detect media on the phone!

Any help would be appreciated.

5 Replies

That's strange. My sync with spotify actually does work over bluetooth nicely. Mostly though, I want to charge my phone while playing music, so I just connect my iPhone USB cable in the console to the phone and just play through the USB option through the stereo instead of bluetooth. There has been a recent MyFordTouch/Sync update that Ford has given out that just came out last month which seems to be a nice upgrade from the system that came with the car last year and it should be free to you, if they havent updated it before you bought the explorer last year.

I would just keep trying your bluetooth though, it will connect, but sometimes its a bit tricky and just takes time.

j

My problem is that I use an ipod touch for spotify offline and a separate samsung phone. So when I try to stream music SYNC picks up my phone and not my ipod. Then when I connect via USB instead of line-in, SYNC plays my itunes musicfrom my ipod! grrr.  I tried deleting all my itunes music from ipod and just using spotify offline, but then SYNC says "no media connected" (I'm guessing becuase it cant find any itunes files!)  Anyone have thoughts?

Was hoping to cancel Sirius subscription to play spotify offline and actually hear music i like! 🙂

I have The exact same problem! Only i dont have Bluetooth In My Fiesta.

When i plugin my Phone via USB it says no media on device :(,
Would be awesome if spotify somehow created a file iTunes could detect with the streams inside them

Description

Unable to play music from spotify via my ford audio system

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. I plugged my phone to my audio system via USB

2. I started Spotify and pressed play

3. I also tried with offline playlists

What I expected to happen

I expected spotify to play music out through my audio system

What actually happened

The audio system says "No media on device" and therefor doesn't play music

My iPad/iPhone model

Iphone 4

Device’s Operating System

Is your device jailbroken?

No 

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

Fewer than 20

My mobile Spotify version

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

My provider and country

Bibob, Denmark

My username

Markda

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

If so, please paste them here

I think I figured it out, at least for my situation, since I have bluetooth in my vehicle.

1. Pair my ipod with SYNC

2. Select "Bluetooth Audio" from SYNC source menu

3. Open spotify app on ipod and play offline music.

4. Hit "stop" on spotify when I get in and out of vehicle, or ipod keeps playing.

This way I can keep my ipod plugged in via usb so it keeps charging, and simply stream the music through bluetooth.

I did, however, have to remove the music that I had on a microSD card from my samsung flight phone, as SYNC would pick that up before the ipod bluetooth. not a big deal to me, i never used that music anyway.

🙂

only extra steps needed are when I get in my vehicle next time, I have to hit "ok" on my radio to start "media stream" and then wait a few second to hit "play" on my ipod, or the music is "jumbled" until spotify catches up (for lack of better explanation).

Suggested posts