Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Premium wont work

I just upgrades to premium with a working card and it wont work and ive already logged and out and logged back in at least 20 times... This is bullshot

• I just upgrades to premium with a working card and it wont work and ive already logged and out and logged back in at least 20 times... This is bullshot
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium

I bought premium and it dosent recognize my payment, what do I do? I have a DROID X2

• I bought premium and it dosent recognize my payment, what do I do? I have a DROID X2
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium subscription wont update on my ipod touch.

I just got premium but it still says on my account on my ipod that i have to subscribe to premium. I logged in and out and it still won't work.

• Visitor
  • I just got premium but it still says on my account on my ipod that i have to subscribe to premium. I logged in and out and it still won't work.
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Bar not moving + Radio not playing (Premium Customer)

Hello! I cannot listen to my music !! Have files dowloaded - can see the albums, songs, but the bar for music does not move and I cannot hear the music. The audio system of my iPhone works... Would highly apriciate a good and straightfowrward solutio...

• Hello! I cannot listen to my music !! Have files dowloaded - can see the albums, songs, but the bar for music does not move and I cannot hear the music. The audio system of my iPhone works... ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Any plans for iPad streaming on Unlimited subscription?

Could Spotify advise if there are any future plans to offer streaming (not offline mode) for iPad users if they subscribe to unlimited? I know you consider the iPad a mobile device but many people now like me use one as their main home computer (for ...

• Could Spotify advise if there are any future plans to offer streaming (not offline mode) for iPad users if they subscribe to unlimited?  I know you consider the iPad a mobile device but many p...
  • Richard
  • Community Legend
  • 15 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 2 likes

new Radio on Mobile Spotify app

Now whenever I want to play an album, the Start Radio option comes up and I can't just play the album. I want to play the music I choose not have a radio program choose it for me! Please advise. Thanks.Rob G.

• Now whenever I want to play an album, the Start Radio option comes up and I can't just play the album. I want to play the music I choose not have a radio program choose it for me! Please advise. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops playing after a minute!

So your Spotify seems to be stopping after a minute or so of playback. Let's try and get it working again. Below, I've popped a couple of troubleshooting suggestions for you. * First of all, try restarting your phone. Recently, we have seen this to b...

• Spotify Legend
  • So your Spotify seems to be stopping after a minute or so of playback. Let's try and get it working again. Below, I've popped a couple of troubleshooting suggestions for you.    * First...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 29 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 29 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify clearing my offlne playlists when i log in on my iPhone

I have a premium Spotify account which i pa for monthly. The problem I have is how offline playlists work (or DON'T WORK) on my mobile phone. When i access my spotify account on my phone 90% of the time I get a message saying something along the line...

• Casual Listener
  •   I have a premium Spotify account which i pa for monthly. The problem I have is how offline playlists work (or DON'T WORK) on my mobile phone. When i access my spotify account on my phone 90%...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

multiple devices

Would love to see multiple device option. I currently pay for 2 well known movie and tv app subscriptions that allow me to use their app simultaneously and on I believe up to 5 devices and they are both cheaper per month than the premium subscription...

• Visitor
  • Would love to see multiple device option. I currently pay for 2 well known movie and tv app subscriptions that allow me to use their app simultaneously and on I believe up to 5 devices and they are b...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on iphone4 does not connect on 3G, but it does on WiFi

Hi guys, I´ve been having a problem for a month now in my Iphone 4 with Spotify, I have a premium account that got in the US. Then, I moved back to Spain, and sometime after that I noticed that I could not listen to music while in the car, except for...

• Visitor
  • Hi guys,   I´ve been having a problem for a month now in my Iphone 4 with Spotify, I have a premium account that got in the US. Then, I moved back to Spain, and sometime after that I noticed...
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Crossfading with offline playlist = huge amount data usage

When I am listening to a offline playlist (with setting offline modus = OFF) my data usage will increase approximately with 1,5 ~ 3mb when crossfading to another song starts. When I put crossfading to 0 seconds the data usage stops. With 4 sec crossf...

• When I am listening to a offline playlist (with setting offline modus = OFF) my data usage will increase approximately with 1,5 ~ 3mb when crossfading to another song starts. When I put crossfading t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sick of haveing to sign out then sign back in so spotify unfrezes!

Everyday this happens and I am sick of it what the hell am I paying you for if spotify doesn't work proply ! It just goes mental then u can play music or search I have to sign out then sin back in in some cases turn my iPod off then on! Sort it out o...

• Everyday this happens and I am sick of it what the hell am I paying you for if spotify doesn't work proply ! It just goes mental then u can play music or search I have to sign out then sin back in in...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist order doesn't make sense

It just takes every song in each playlist and puts them in a completly random order. What makes it worse is you cant sort them in any way that I have been able to figure out. at least add a sort alphabeticly and by date added option please! Makes fin...

• It just takes every song in each playlist and puts them in a completly random order.  What makes it worse is you cant sort them in any way that I have been able to figure out.  at least add...
  • cyrosystems
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Help!

I recently downloaded the Spotify app on my iPhone and did the 48 hour Spotify Premium trial. Once the trial ended I wanted to buy the Spotify Unlimited but there were no prompts to do so... Anyway, I purchased it on my desktop but now the actual app...

• I recently downloaded the Spotify app on my iPhone and did the 48 hour Spotify Premium trial.  Once the trial ended I wanted to buy the Spotify Unlimited but there were no prompts to do so... ...
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Latest update stops music playback on iPad

I've been a paying user for over a year and could basically summarize my Spotify experience as great when listening on my CPU or my iPad but completely unreliable on my iPhone. I have enjoyed Spotify most through my iPad. That is, however, until the ...

• I've been a paying user for over a year and could basically summarize my Spotify experience as great when listening on my CPU or my iPad but completely unreliable on my iPhone. I have enjoyed Spotify...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Local Files do not SORT on the iphone app!? Really!?

Heres an example: I have some beatles albums synced because they are not on spotify. Go to local files, pick a song (A day in the life) then I click on the info button and click on the album (sgt peppers) and the rest of the songs from that album are...

• Casual Listener
  • Heres an example:   I have some beatles albums synced because they are not on spotify.   Go to local files, pick a song (A day in the life) then I click on the info button and click on ...
  • sk1ff
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

iPhone wants me to login every time I exit Spotify

Wht is the problem now? Why is it everytime a new version of this app is released to fix one issue, another comes along? This is getting beyond a joke. Every single time I close Spotify and reopen it, it wants me to sign in. This is fine when I'm in ...

• Regular
  • Wht is the problem now? Why is it everytime a new version of this app is released to fix one issue, another comes along? This is getting beyond a joke. Every single time I close Spotify and reopen it...
  • Proterra
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify offline playlist will only play on one device at a time

Spotify offline playlist will only play on one device at a time. I have three ios devices, but spotify will only play on one device at a time. When you try to play two devices at a time it pauses one. I have checked spotify on my computer and it is l...

• Regular
  • Spotify offline playlist will only play on one device at a time. I have three ios devices, but spotify will only play on one device at a time. When you try to play two devices at a time it pauses one...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Play in Offline Mode

Picked up a new iPhone 5 running iOS6 and trying to sync a playlist over wifi was painfully slow (speeds are fine on my new iPad with iOS5), so I synced a good majority of my playlist over LTE which seemed to transfer dramatically faster. Took almost...

• Regular
  • Picked up a new iPhone 5 running iOS6 and trying to sync a playlist over wifi was painfully slow (speeds are fine on my new iPad with iOS5), so I synced a good majority of my playlist over LTE which ...
  • GOBLUE80
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync all local files not in Spotify library?

New Spotify premium user here, using iPhone, with a couple of questions: 1) I understand you can mix local files with Spotify tracks in a playlist, and then sync that playlist to your mobile, which will copy local files to your phone so you can play ...

• Regular
  • New Spotify premium user here, using iPhone, with a couple of questions:   1) I understand you can mix local files with Spotify tracks in a playlist, and then sync that playlist to your mobi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes