Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Just installed the new app, question about top lists and local files!

Just installed the new app, question about top lists and local files!

Just downloaded the new app and I love it, but I dont see an option to view top lists, is there one?

While I like listening to artists I like to use top lists to keep up with the latest music.

Also for local files it displays all my files that are in playlists but when I click on to view all local files I get the message 'Local files is currently empty. Install spotify on your computer to add and play tracks form your local library'. How do I get my files to show up here? They show up fine on my PC.

Thanks

3 Replies

I don't think there is currently a way to view top lists in the iOS applications. 

As for local files, you need to sync them to your device following the steps in this help page.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

The link you posted above is not helpful because it goes to a page in Swedish. Please repost the correct link in English.

@hcself71 

Listen to Local Files

Make Spotify your all-in-one player by importing your personal music stored on your computer and syncing it to your mobile devices. 

If you haven’t done this before, make sure your device is authorised to your computer. On your computer, open Spotify, click Devices, and select its name, then ‘Sync this device with Spotify’.
  1. Using the desktop app, add local music files you want to sync to a playlist.
  2. Log into Spotify on your iPhone using the same wifi network as your desktop.
  3. Tap the Menu button button.
  4. Tap Your Music.
    Your Music button
  5. Tap Playlists.
    Playlists button
  6. Tap Local Files, or the playlist containing local files from your computer.
  7. Select the playlist containing the local music files and press the Available Offline switch at the top.
    Available offline slider
  8. A green arrow will appear next to the tracks when syncing is complete.
    Offline sync green icon

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts