Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

When adding a song to a Playlists, their view mode go back to Order-added and not Title-order

There is maybe a bu g or an element that wasn't thought out very well, if you have your Playlists and Artists set up as Alphabetical-order view mode. Every time you search a song and go to add to a playlist, the view mode the playlists go to is Date-...

• Regular
  • There is maybe a bu g or an element that wasn't thought out very well, if you have your Playlists and Artists set up as Alphabetical-order view mode. Every time you search a song and go to add to ...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Search
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline Album Artwork

I have noticed over the past couple days that my offline saved albums artwork is not showing up. I can see it in the preview box at the bottom but once I enlarge the preview all it has is a music note in grayscale

• I have noticed over the past couple days that my offline saved albums artwork is not showing up. I can see it in the preview box at the bottom but once I enlarge the preview all it has is a music not...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Track link opens the album instead

Hi all! For some time now, whenever I link to a spotify track and somebody opens it from a mobile device, in most cases an iphone, the webpage shows the album instead of the track. And yes I'm sure I'm copying the right one. This is becoming really i...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all!    For some time now, whenever I link to a spotify track and somebody opens it from a mobile device, in most cases an iphone, the webpage shows the album instead of the track. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Artwork Issues

So I have just checked the "available offline" option on for all of my songs. Nearly all of them have synced to my phone, but around 300 still won't download. Also, whenver I play any song, no artwork shows whatsoever. If I uncheck "available offline...

• Music Fan
  • So I have just checked the "available offline" option on for all of my songs. Nearly all of them have synced to my phone, but around 300 still won't download. Also, whenver I play any song, no artwor...
  • Internetgirl07
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • album art
    album artwork
    artwork
    iOS
    local songs
    offline music
    offline play
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs don't play, WHY?

Hello! Why are a lot of songs not playing?? I have the latest version on my iphone. Premium user. I get a messege in Swedish: " det går inte att spela upp spåret" Wich means: "Unable to play the track" and then just crashes! Or it just doesn't sound,...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!   Why are a lot of songs not playing?? I have the latest version on my iphone. Premium user.   I get a messege in Swedish: " det går inte att spela upp spåret" Wich ...
  • Koki84
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • don't play
    songs
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Sent songs on iPhone

Is there a way to look at the songs you have shared with individual users on your iPhone? I can see the songs sent to me in the Messages, but can't see what I have sent to other users.

• Is there a way to look at the songs you have shared with individual users on your iPhone? I can see the songs sent to me in the Messages, but can't see what I have sent to other users. 
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Syncing broken between iPhone 4s and Spotify

Syncing barely works, if at all. It's hard to say what the issue is. It could just be the awful iOS8.1 update with iPhone 4s. Using latest Spotify iPhone app v1.9.0.2744 and Desktop client v.9.14.13. New added playlists don't show up on the iPhone or...

• Music Fan
  • Syncing barely works, if at all. It's hard to say what the issue is. It could just be the awful iOS8.1 update with iPhone 4s. Using latest Spotify iPhone app v1.9.0.2744 and Desktop cl...
  • Amarro
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

music stops

i've been using spotify premium for a few months, everything was OK. but today app started freezing, and no sound was coming to my earplugs. and now when i try to listen from earplugs, i can hear music, but it stops when i lock my screen or return to...

• Casual Listener
  • i've been using spotify premium for a few months, everything was OK. but today app started freezing, and no sound was coming to my earplugs. and now when i try to listen from earplugs, i can hear mus...
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • music stops clear all multitask
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Premium Account on 2 IOS and one WIndows Phone device, worked only on one

Hi. When my wife uses spotify on the windows phone, I cannot play songs on my IOs Device, even I have downloaded the playlist... This should not be, or did I wrong understand the premium account?

• Regular
  • Hi. When my wife uses spotify on the windows phone, I cannot play songs on my IOs Device, even I have downloaded the playlist... This should not be, or did I wrong understand the premium account?
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Music won't sync for offline unless in a playlist

Hey All, I have recently purchased Spotify Premium so that I can listen to my music offline. However it does'nt sync for offline unless I first put the songs in a playlist and then save the playlist for offline. Basically all music I want for offline...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey All,   I have recently purchased Spotify Premium so that I can listen to my music offline. However it does'nt sync for offline unless I first put the songs in a playlist and then save th...
  • BenjaminSweney
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

An error has occured

I have been receiving "an error has occured" every time I've tried to listen on my iPad and iPhone 5; I am not able to search or listen to any music that has not been synced prior on my devices. This has been occurring off and on the past few weeks b...

• I have been receiving "an error has occured" every time I've tried to listen on my iPad and iPhone 5; I am not able to search or listen to any music that has not been synced prior on my devices. This...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone 6 plus IOS 8.1 when clicking on app all I get is a picture of the Spotify Logo

Iphone 6 plus IOS 8.1 when clicking on app all I get is a picture of the Spotify Logo. Went online signed completely out. Have removed app and downloaded again. Nothing works. Can someone help me?

• Visitor
  • Iphone 6 plus IOS 8.1 when clicking on app all I get is a picture of the Spotify Logo. Went online signed completely out. Have removed app and downloaded again. Nothing works. Can someone help me?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • IOS 8.1 App still isn't working
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Bluetooth: Spotify drops and switched to iPod

Whenever I play spotify in my car via bluetooth, it only plays for a couple of songs until it hits an advertisement. After the adverisement, spotify shuts off and plays my ipod music instead, and I'm unable to get back to spotify. The only way I coul...

• Whenever I play spotify in my car via bluetooth, it only plays for a couple of songs until it hits an advertisement. After the adverisement, spotify shuts off and plays my ipod music instead, and I'm...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Some tracks wont play

My girlfriend is having an issue with some (several) tracks not being able to play and not sync (offline playlist) either on her iPhone 4 (tried two different models, with the same issue).When trying to play a track it looks like the picture below: A...

• My girlfriend is having an issue with some (several) tracks not being able to play and not sync (offline playlist) either on her iPhone 4 (tried two different models, with the same issue). When tr...
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Premium Account

Yes I have, and I don't have spotify for android. I have an iPhone

• Casual Listener
  • Yes I have, and I don't have spotify for android. I have an iPhone
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify for ios 5

is there a spotify compatible with ios 5 ipad?please help. i've had a premium account for 2yrs now, but if i cant use it on my ipad, i would have to cancel it as it would be no use to me anymore.

• is there a spotify compatible with ios 5 ipad? please help. i've had a premium account for 2yrs now, but if i cant use it on my ipad, i would have to cancel it as it would be no use to me anymore.
  • Amarro
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Red exclamation mark next to certain songs; unable to download to offline.

I've been an avid Spotify user for about a year now. I've never had any problems with it before until now. I've been trying to download certain albums/songs to my offline playlists and they will not save and have a red exclamation point next to them....

• I've been an avid Spotify user for about a year now. I've never had any problems with it before until now. I've been trying to download certain albums/songs to my offline playlists and they will not ...
  • Missing
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't show me the cover of the offline songs

I have this weird problem from like 2 days ago, I can't see the cover of the offline songs, I try to redownload the app but I have the same error, anyone can help me?

• Casual Listener
  • I have this weird problem from like 2 days ago, I can't see the cover of the offline songs, I try to redownload the app but I have the same error, anyone can help me?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes