Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Loading Playlists into iPod Nano 6th Generation

I have been trying to get my spotify playlists onto an iPod Nano so that I can put it in my Audi and listen to the music through the Audi system. When I hook up the nano to spotify it sees it and brings up a sync all or specific lists. I've made the ...

• I have been trying to get my spotify playlists onto an iPod Nano so that I can put it in my Audi and listen to the music through the Audi system.  When I hook up the nano to spotify it sees it a...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to Search

Getting 'An error occured' 'TRY AGAIN' when trying to search... Reinstalled app, still not working

• Getting 'An error occured' 'TRY AGAIN' when trying to search... Reinstalled app, still not working
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Song Limit per Device

I have a large playlist (almost 5,000 songs) but limited iPhone memory. When I sync my playlist, it stops somewhere around 2,800 songs due to out of memory. Fair enough. But when I then use my iPhone various other apps complain about out of storage s...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a large playlist (almost 5,000 songs) but limited iPhone memory. When I sync my playlist, it stops somewhere around 2,800 songs due to out of memory. Fair enough.   But when I then us...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad interface

Ugh. See the attached screen shot. I hate this interface SO much. I want the artist's page to be full screen after I select it. Seriously hate the split screen. It's not as bad in portrait orientation. It's really annoying not being able to see the a...

• Music Fan
  • Ugh. See the attached screen shot. I hate this interface SO much. I want the artist's page to be full screen after I select it. Seriously hate the split screen. It's not as bad in portrait orientati...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

App randomly stopps playing songs

I have a premium account and use Spotify mainly on my iPhone. I created playlists and enabled the "offline availabe" on both the desktop and mobile application. All songs in the list are marked with a green arrow indicating they are downloaded. I use...

• Music Fan
  • I have a premium account and use Spotify mainly on my iPhone. I created playlists and enabled the "offline availabe" on both the desktop and mobile application. All songs in the list are marked with ...
  • schotsa
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone 5 (iOS7) won't sync or show up under devices with 10.8.4

Description Trying to sync local files (demos from my brother's band) with my iPhone but trying via wifi and USB, my phone never shows up under devices. A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1. Connected both the laptop and iPhone to the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Description Trying to sync local files (demos from my brother's band) with my iPhone but trying via wifi and USB, my phone never shows up under devices.   A more detailed description, usin...
  • steverdavies1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Way to prevent duplicates in playlists.

Just purchse premium subscription. Logging in through Facebook. Downloaded Spotify on Windows laptop. Downloaded Spotify on iPhone 6. Connected iPhone 6 to laptop with a sync cable. iPhone 6 is not showing up under device. Tried repeatedly, no luck. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Just purchse premium subscription. Logging in through Facebook. Downloaded Spotify on Windows laptop. Downloaded Spotify on iPhone 6. Connected iPhone 6 to laptop with a sync cable. iPhone 6 is ...
  • hlausea
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

How to share a song with non-facebook users on mobile?

I can't find an option for sharing music with non-facebook users. I can find them with 'search' menu with spotify:user:username command, but can't find a way to share a music with em. When I use a 'share' button and choose Spotify people I just see a...

• Casual Listener
  • I can't find an option for sharing music with non-facebook users. I can find them with 'search' menu with spotify:user:username command, but can't find a way to share a music with em. When ...
  • ire4444
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes

Spotify app on iphone crashing every time I click on it to start it up.

I have tried to do a clean installation (cleared data from safari, deleted spotify, restarted phone and re-downloaded the app) multiple times on my iphone 4s. I have the newest software download but can't do anything to get in to spotify on my iphone...

• Casual Listener
  • I have tried to do a clean installation (cleared data from safari, deleted spotify, restarted phone and re-downloaded the app) multiple times on my iphone 4s. I have the newest software download but ...
  • ChiCityLo
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems syncing my playlists to offline modus

Hello! I have iphone 5s and iOs 8.1.1. I have problems to sync my playlists into offline mode. They starts to sync, but half way they stop syncing... Is there anyone else who has this problem and can help me? I have enough memory on my phone so that ...

• Visitor
  • Hello!   I have iphone 5s and iOs 8.1.1. I have problems to sync my playlists into offline mode. They starts to sync, but half way they stop syncing... Is there anyone else who has this prob...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

just upgraded to UNLIMITED and cant play offline ?

Hello , im new at spotify , i just upgraded to unlimited , and once i want to play offline it says i need to be premuim ???? i click on the music , then add to playlist ,, then i click play offline ,, still says the same thing ..... and when i enter ...

• Hello , im new at spotify , i just upgraded to unlimited , and once i want to play offline it says i need to be premuim ????  i click on the music , then add to playlist ,, then i click pl...
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline Mode

Hi guys,Need some help with Spotify.I Seem to have the problem that not every Song is available in offline mode. Hope someone can help.

• Regular
  • Hi guys, Need some help with Spotify. I Seem to have the problem that not every Song is available in offline mode. Hope someone can help.
  • Stunned
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

My own music in "Artists"

hello everyone, first of all excuse me if some of the buttons or labels are not precise but i have to use the german version and translate it on my own. So i wonder whether it is possible to put my own musik ( for example stuff i got from Youtube) in...

• hello everyone, first of all excuse me if some of the buttons or labels are not precise but i have to use the german version and translate it on my own.   So i wonder whether it is possibl...
  • Swanny
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect - controlling the iPhone play from my PC?

So I have figure out fine to connect my PC to my iPhone with Spotify Connect. And yes - I can remote control my PC from the iPhone. But what I want is to play music on my iPhone (connected to me hifi), controlled from my desktop where I work. It work...

• Casual Listener
  • So I have figure out fine to connect my PC to my iPhone with Spotify Connect. And yes - I can remote control my PC from the iPhone.    But what I want is to play music on my iPhone (con...
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

won't download offline mode

I'm downloading one of my playlists on my ipod to listen offline and it starts the download but in the middle it stops downloading the rest of the playlist and the song it stops on doesn't have a green or Gray arrow so what can I do? How do I continu...

• I'm downloading one of my playlists on my ipod to listen offline and it starts the download but in the middle it stops downloading the rest of the playlist and the song it stops on doesn't have a gre...
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files not syncing

Hi everyone, I'm having trouble syncing some local audio files onto a playlist. It's available offline on both my PC and my iPhone, but none of my local files can be played on my phone, it says I need to sync them. It could maybe be the fact that I'm...

• Hi everyone,   I'm having trouble syncing some local audio files onto a playlist. It's available offline on both my PC and my iPhone, but none of my local files can be played on my phone, it...
  • tfhall4
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Uncensored Music

I want to know right now, how to get uncle sired versions of rap songs on Spotify Premium MOBILE. All you admins always refer to the desktop versions when people make these complaints. MOBILE APP. How do you get uncensorws rap albums on the MOBILE AP...

• Casual Listener
  • I want to know right now, how to get uncle sired versions of rap songs on Spotify Premium MOBILE. All you admins always refer to the desktop versions when people make these complaints. MOBILE APP. Ho...
  • tfhall4
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Problem with new Spotify app and BMW Connected Drive - Loss of Signal

When the iPhone is connected, Spotify control works great through the iDrive system. However, I have noticed a problem when a phone temporarily looses its 3G connection. When this happens, the phone is unable to recover back to 3G unless the phone is...

• Regular
  • When the iPhone is connected, Spotify control works great through the iDrive system.  However, I have noticed a problem when a phone temporarily looses its 3G connection.  When this happens...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Crashes After Plugging in iPod

I recently purchased Spotify premium to sync my music to my iPod. After restoring my iPod, I attempted syncing it in Spotify. Spotify immediately crashed, I read a few boards saying to disable iTunes from starting automatically, so I did that. Now ev...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently purchased Spotify premium to sync my music to my iPod. After restoring my iPod, I attempted syncing it in Spotify. Spotify immediately crashed, I read a few boards saying to disable iTunes...
  • oszav
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Windows client crashes when iPod nano is connected.

Hi. I started using spotify to sync music to my 5th generation ipod nano because I mostly prefer it to iTunes. I only sync specific playlists to my iPod because it has limited space. I have found that after using my iPod with spotify for a few weeks ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi.     I started using spotify to sync music to my 5th generation ipod nano because I mostly prefer it to iTunes.  I only sync specific playlists to my iPod because it has limited...
  • oszav
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes