Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Problem with new Spotify app and BMW Connected Drive - Loss of Signal

When the iPhone is connected, Spotify control works great through the iDrive system. However, I have noticed a problem when a phone temporarily looses its 3G connection. When this happens, the phone is unable to recover back to 3G unless the phone is...

• Regular
  • When the iPhone is connected, Spotify control works great through the iDrive system.  However, I have noticed a problem when a phone temporarily looses its 3G connection.  When this happens...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Crashes After Plugging in iPod

I recently purchased Spotify premium to sync my music to my iPod. After restoring my iPod, I attempted syncing it in Spotify. Spotify immediately crashed, I read a few boards saying to disable iTunes from starting automatically, so I did that. Now ev...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently purchased Spotify premium to sync my music to my iPod. After restoring my iPod, I attempted syncing it in Spotify. Spotify immediately crashed, I read a few boards saying to disable iTunes...
  • oszav
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Windows client crashes when iPod nano is connected.

Hi. I started using spotify to sync music to my 5th generation ipod nano because I mostly prefer it to iTunes. I only sync specific playlists to my iPod because it has limited space. I have found that after using my iPod with spotify for a few weeks ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi.     I started using spotify to sync music to my 5th generation ipod nano because I mostly prefer it to iTunes.  I only sync specific playlists to my iPod because it has limited...
  • oszav
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing song

Rihanna's album loud is missing the song "Love the Way You Lie Part 2

• Casual Listener
  • Rihanna's album loud is missing the song "Love the Way You Lie Part 2
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Why the sharing option for spotify users doesn't work?

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could help me with this: Everytime a try to share a song vía inbox/as a message to any friend who's on spotify, the app shuts down on my iPad mini. It's quite annoying because I really want to share the song but I hav...

• Regular
  • Hey guys, I was wondering if you could help me with this:   Everytime a try to share a song vía inbox/as a message to any friend who's on spotify, the app shuts down on my iPad mini. It's qu...
  • angela20rock
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • inbox
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sportify Premium iPad

How can I buy Spotify Premium in iPad app?I can't find anything where I can buy it, but app description says I can buy it in app.

• Community Legend
  • How can I buy Spotify Premium in iPad app? I can't find anything where I can buy it, but app description says I can buy it in app.
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Please add this as a Higher Priority

(I made a forum account for this purpose specifically) Please fix this as soon as possible, and make it a higher priority then you're putting it at. I love spotify, but I cannot stand seeing the tackiness of having no album art. It has been long enou...

• Regular
  • (I made a forum account for this purpose specifically) Please fix this as soon as possible, and make it a higher priority then you're putting it at. I love spotify, but I cannot stand seeing the tack...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Local file will not play on iPhone 6+/iOS 8.0.2

I got my new iPhone 6+ today. Restored backup from my iPhone 5. I had to save all my offline playlists again, course. But now Spotify wont play any of my local files. :'( Does anyone know what he problem is? Or know anything about this? Tips and tric...

• I got my new iPhone 6+ today. Restored backup from my iPhone 5.   I had to save all my offline playlists again, course. But now Spotify wont play any of my local files. :'(  ...
  • rickun
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local files
    local files sync
    local music
    local songs
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Sorting

When I click options and pick my playlist and click Title under sort by - it sorts it alphabetically but half my songs are missing - how do I get it to sort ALL my songs?

• Casual Listener
  • When I click options and pick my playlist and click Title under sort by - it sorts it alphabetically but half my songs are missing - how do I get it to sort ALL my songs?
  • Amarro
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify for iOS pauses every 5-10 seconds

Spotify iOS app constantly pauses every 5-10 seconds only when streaming with mobile data (not over wifi). I never have trouble streaming Pandora, so I am skeptical that it is a problem with cellular data coverage. The app also works fine when I am c...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify iOS app constantly pauses every 5-10 seconds only when streaming with mobile data (not over wifi). I never have trouble streaming Pandora, so I am skeptical that it is a problem with cellul...
  • reckoner227
  • Gig Goer
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

swipe left to delete song in playlist

Hello all, I'm curious as to why swipe to delete an individual song (swipe left and a delete button appears) was a feature a while ago and then removed (for personal playlists)? It would be super to have that simple and incredibly useful feature back...

• Roadie
  • Hello all,    I'm curious as to why swipe to delete an individual song (swipe left and a delete button appears) was a feature a while ago and then removed (for personal playlist...
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes

IPAD Search

Suddenly the search function has gone from the Ipad app/// To me its pretty much useless now... Why so much difference between the ios and Andorid apps, my android phone runs this service how it should behave...

• Casual Listener
  • Suddenly the search function has gone from the Ipad app///   To me its pretty much useless now...   Why so much difference between the ios and Andorid apps, my android phone runs th...
  • fatolaf
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium update but still free member on iphone

Hei, I updated my account to premium two days ago, but I am still free member on my iphone. I logged out and deleted the app, but after that, I am still only free member. What can I do?

• Casual Listener
  • Hei, I updated my account to premium two days ago, but I am still free member on my iphone. I logged out and deleted the app, but after that, I am still only free member. What can I do?
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I don't want to have connect on my devices.

I don't want to have connect on my devices. I want to be able to stream music on one device whilst streaming other music on another, or at least listening to a playlist. I find it frustrating that I have spotify on two devices but I am forced to only...

• Casual Listener
  • I don't want to have connect on my devices. I want to be able to stream music on one device whilst streaming other music on another, or at least listening to a playlist. I find it frustrating that I ...
  • Schnoipah
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist randomly stops playing on iPad

Premium member; using iPad mini, create playlists for fitness class. This has worked correctly for about 5 months; about 2 months ago, the playlist would not start next song without me touching start arrow. Using crossfade w/11 sec and gapless playba...

• Regular
  • Premium member; using iPad mini, create playlists for fitness class. This has worked correctly for about 5 months; about 2 months ago, the playlist would not start next song without me touching ...
  • RockinRoyston
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! How do I turn off shuffle?

I'm a Spotify Premium user, so I should be able to listen to music on my iPhone without shuffling (i.e. moving directly from one song to the next, in album order). But I can't figure out how to do it. I don't seem to have that option on the phone, an...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm a Spotify Premium user, so I should be able to listen to music on my iPhone without shuffling (i.e. moving directly from one song to the next, in album order). But I can't figure out how to do it...
  • wlundin
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Atualizar spotify premium

Adquiri o spotify premium há exatamente um mês e hoje, no dia que deveria ser atualizado automaticamente, está como se eu estivesse com a versão grátis e não consigo atualizar manualmente. O que posso fazer?

• Adquiri o spotify premium há exatamente um mês e hoje, no dia que deveria ser atualizado automaticamente, está como se eu estivesse com a versão grátis e não consigo atualizar manualmente. O que poss...
  • Morgadon
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming wifi problem

Hello, I have some problems with spotify. I have a iphone 5 is connected to a wifi modem tp-link Archer7. As I listen to the music connected to the modem and the Bose SoundLink bluethoot the songs are interrupted, you can not load or load in half. If...

• Hello, I have some problems with spotify. I have a iphone 5 is connected to a wifi modem tp-link Archer7. As I listen to the music connected to the modem and the Bose SoundLink bluethoot the so...
  • reckoner227
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

IOS local file playlist wont play

Hey there, I have a music file that I want on my starred playlist but when I add it and make it offline it still wont play. I have made the playlist with the file offline on both my PC and my IOS, and its connected to the same wifi network. the file ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey there, I have a music file that I want on my starred playlist but when I add it and make it offline it still wont play. I have made the playlist with the file offline on both my PC and my IOS...
  • duhkoda
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Version 2.0.0.1643 Crashing constantly on IPhone 4

Since version 1.7.0-something Spotify kept closing on me. The following update and it stopped crashing for a while. Then it began again and with a new sympton: every two or three songs it stops playing in the middle or at start if the screen is locke...

• Since version 1.7.0-something Spotify kept closing on me. The following update and it stopped crashing for a while. Then it began again and with a new sympton: every two or three songs it stops pla...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes