Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Keep getting requested to login

Solved!

Keep getting requested to login

So I upgraded to the latest update just over a week ago and noticed the supposed fix for the login issue. However, after a week at least once a day I keep getting returned to the login screen.

149 Replies

Thanks for the info everyone--keep it coming. 

Also, anyone noticing a correlation between what's happening within the app before you have to log in again? Is the app crashing and then asking you to log in? Are you streaming a track, listening to an offline playlist?

Or is this happening right when you open the app? As always, the more info you can throw our way the better. 

Meredith,

happens the minute you launch the app.

cant even access

S

Right when I open the app...

Steps to reproduce (for me at least):

Set app to offline mode > Play some tracks > Close app and go to work, do not open the app for 8h (use the desktop app, though) > go home, open the app > bam, login please (always when there's no cell coverage)

Hope that helps

This has been happening consistently for me also; at least the last two weeks. App isn't crashing beforehand. 

iPhone 4S, most recent iOS (5.1.1) and app (0.5.4.13.g926e1856)

Using Spotify on my iPod I have two problems since the last update:

- it is constantly logging me out. Very inconvenient when you want to listen to your synched music, but you can't login since there's no internet connection many times when i'm on the road. Even if I logged in less than 12 hours ago and I open the app again, it asks for login details.

(using login with facebook)

- secondly, to overcome the previous problem, I thought I'll put Spotify in offline modus. Unfortunately, the login message keeps on popping up. Making it worse since a warning message appears on the login screen that I should disable the offline modus first (very hard since I can't go to settings when not logged in)

Also happening to me.  Basically when the SPotify App has been closed or hasn't been used for a while it asks me to re-login.  With no signal it means I can't access offline playlists either.

iPhone 4 32GB

iOS 5.1.1 (9B206)

Spotify Version 0.5.4.13.g926e1856

Nick

Same here, and there are other posts describing the same thing.

If I turn on offline mode, then exit and close the app via the task tray and then try to open Spotify again it asks for login.

IPhone 4S 16GB 5.1.1
Same Spotify version as the post above.

Just updated to the new Facebook 5.0 and the problem remains.

Same problem as everyone:

iPhone 4S 16GB

iOS 6 beta 4

Spotify 0.5.4.13.g926e1856

Please help!

Same here. I'm using an iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1, spotify version 0.5.4.13.g926e1856

If I set Spotify to offline mode, then close tha app completely or just let it sit a while, the next time I open it, it prompts for a login immediately. I use my Facebook account to log in, I don't have a separate spotify login account.

I also noticed that in Settings, when I switch to offline mode, the "go online within" box only displays a "-" instead of anumber of days.

Me too. Can't understand why it takes so long to fix. Seems a problem for all iphone users. At least inform us about the actions that are taken. This is not the first weird thing happening. Support only sends standard replies to problems.

Today's update of the Spotify App doesn't solve the issue...
I'm upset, paying for a service that doesn't work!
Wake up, Spotify!!!

Sorry to hear that the latest update doesn't seem to resolve things. We're still looking into this.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Yeah... I need help with this too. I have no problem accessing playlists in offline mode from my iPhone; but, my iPad makes me log in everytime I open the app. Clearly I cannot login with no internet connection. I pay the premium so that I can play music without an internet connection. I will be canceling my subscription if this isn't resolved.

I also started having this problem.  Last week, I updated my iOS on my iPod just so I could get the updated Spotify app.  Now, it won't keep me logged in.  I'm also paying for premium just so I can use it offline.  When I want to open the app, I'm not near an open internet signal!  I think this has gone past a HELP ME situation to one where I start looking for something else to use.

The latest update still hasn't fixed this. It's so frustrating. 

Long drive through rural Pennsylvania this weekend. Would sure be nice to know I would have all the music I am paying $10 a month to have wherever and whenever I want while on the journey...

--MY IPOD TOUCH JUST STARTED DOING THIS ....MAKING ME SIGN IN  AGAIN EACH TIME IN MY SPOTIFY APP.. (WHICH I CAN'T  DO IF IM OFF W-IFI)   THIS MAKES MY PREMIUM SERVICE AND MOBILE APP USELESS FOR THE TOUCH.   sPOTIFY IS ABOUT  TO LOSE A CUSTOMER IF I CANT PLAY THEM IN MY CAR THRU MY TOUCH!      PPPPPPPPPLEASE HELP!!!!

Latest update does not fix this issue. I will probably cancel my subscription if this is not resolved soon!

Now I have the new update and guess what the same dumb problem I can't listen to my music offline if I put offline and close the app from the multitasking keeps asking me to login I so mad really I can't listen music, I guess I going to Pandora this bug is really annoying months before the app rocks now is just stupid

Suggested posts