Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify jacks my lock screen when not playing, acts as if it's still playing

Spotify jacks my lock screen when not playing, acts as if it's still playing

I'm going to start a new thread on this because I can't take it anymore and I don't want it tucked away as part of another thread:

Every 3rd time (or more), when pausing Spotify, the album artwork remains on my lock screen, and the play icon next to the battery icon in iOS's top bar. I have to force close the app when this happens. This is the only app this happens with, and it seems to be a total failure of coding, because it's been this way for the entire time I've been a premium subscriber.

If I don't notice that Spotify's jacks my lock screen like that (let's say, by forgetting how awful this app is coded and hitting the pause button on my remote), the phone gets extremely, extremely hot and the battery drains at a cartoonish rate until I force close the app.

There've been about 6-7 updates since I've first experienced this and it's still not fixed. I've moved from the 4S to the 5 in that time, reinstalled the app, restored my phone, and still, this happens.

Fix this already, or at least acknowledge the darn problem. This is awful.

7 Replies

Hi,

I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. I do not have this problem, however I will do my best to assist.

Does this problem occur only when you pause it from the lock screen, or when you pause it from Spotify app as well?

Make sure both your iOS and Spotify version are up to date.

The fact that your iPhone battery decreases faster than usual is probably due to iOS 6.1.3, as there have been numerous reports of low battery life from iOS 6.1.3.

To help you further, I really need more information, so it would be helpful if you could reply to this using the troubleshooting template which can be found here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/iOS-Troubleshooting-Spotify/td-p/105...

Alternatively, you could use the contact form located at: https://www.spotify.com/uk/about-us/contact/ However this could take some time depending on the number of tickets, and if this is only a problem with your Spotify app, then they wont be able to help.

To find out if your problem is experienced by more than one person, please post this in a detailed fashion to the Bugs section of the Spotify community, this way it will be found more easily and directly addressed as a bug.

Feel free to let me know if there's anything else I can do to help 🙂

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Here's a quick rundown in the template, but since it happens pretty randomly as far as I can tell, it's hard for me to pin down. Here we go.

Description

Sometimes when I hit pause to stop playing music, the play icon remains in the top iOS toolbar, next to the battery icon, causing battery drain and overheating. 

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. Play music as normal.

2. Press pause, no matter how - whether it's from the lock screen, the app itself, or the remote button, or even pulling the headphone jack straight out.

3. The play icon remains in the toolbar, and the album art remains on the lock screen as if it is playing, though it's not playing.

4. The battery drains rapidly, and my device gets hot.

What I expected to happen

Whenever I hit pause, I expect the pause state to reflect everywhere. The lock screen clears of album art, no play icon in the toolbar, no need to force crash the app (or play audio in a different Music/podcast app, or make a phone call) to make it stop.

What actually happened

I expect the play icon to disappear, lock screen to clear, etc.

My iPad/iPhone model

iPhone 5.

Device’s Operating System

Is your device jailbroken?

No.

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

About 125-150, almost all are synced offline.

My mobile Spotify version

My provider and country

ATA&T USA

My username

ThatGuyDave

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

It just looks like a regular screen, but pretend no music is playing. Sometimes, if I open the Spotify app and this has happened, there'll be a pause button in the center instead of a play button, except nothing is playing, therefore there's nothing to pause.

Link -> https://dl.dropbox.com/s/ri5i0egnur7k2dx/photo.PNG

Hi,

I believe I have seen other users with this issue as well, it may be a bug.

Have you tried reinstalling the app?

I had this issue a while back, but it seemed to fix itself.

Note that also in iOS 6.1.3 itself there is a battery drain bug.

Please submit a support ticket detailing your problem using the link in my above post. If you reply to the automated email directly, a spotify agent will help you out.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

I am having this issue too. It just noticed today and it is infuriating.

Description

My lock screen is the album art from whatever song I was last listening to.

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. Play music as normal.

2. Press pause, no matter how - whether it's from the lock screen, the app itself, or the remote button, or even pulling the headphone jack straight out.

3. The play icon remains in the toolbar, and the album art remains on the lock screen as if it is playing, though it's not playing.

4. Battery is draining faster than usual.

What I expected to happen

Whenever I hit pause, I expect the pause state to reflect everywhere. The lock screen clears of album art, no play icon in the toolbar, no need to force crash the app (or play audio in a different Music/podcast app, or make a phone call) to make it stop.

What actually happened

I expect the play icon to disappear, lock screen to clear, etc.

My iPad/iPhone model

iPhone 4s

Device’s Operating System

Is your device jailbroken?

No.

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

My mobile Spotify version

My provider and country

ATA&T USA

My username

LionelHutz

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

No.

Experiencing the same problem on the lock screen. 

only pause symbol showing even when paused (when it should so the play symbol). can initiate play by ff or rw the song. 

Solution is to go to the task menu (double tap home button) and "kill" the spotify app by flicking it up. 

Interesting as we're always told that the processes in the task menu aren't active and there is no point in "killing" them!!!!

Anyway hope that helps. 

Robski

I've noticed that this issue only comes up on local files. Skipping to a song that's not a local file, but cached through Spotify, then hitting pause, corrects the issue.

I now have the same issue on an HTC One m7 Android 5.0.1 I do not have any play controls on my lock screen or home screen but no matter what song I play on device or stream the album art gets stuck on my lock screen it's really annoying. I don't even want that feature at all and yet there is no option to change it. I have re installed the app twice to no avail I need this to stop.

Suggested posts