Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Kicked out of iPod Touch

Kicked out of iPod Touch

Everytime I play one of my playlists now through my iPod Touch, after a few tunes it kicks me out and back to my home screen on the iPod.  I've rebooted the iPod many times but it doesn't fix the problem.  I don't have this problem with other app's.  Any suggestions?

31 Replies

Same for me Ipod 2G with IOS 4.2.1 the App keeps crashing every 2 or 3 minutes. It works fine if I start a Playlist and the App is running in the background. But this is not an acceptable workaround.

Please fix this Issue quick.

I am experiencing the exact same problem with my iPod Touch.

I have tried all the suggestions above and it just doesn't work when streaming.

Is there going to be any resolution for this issue as the main reason to use spotify was for the streaming element. 

If there is not going to be any resolution I will have to go elsewhere.

Same here, IPod Toch 2Gen with the lastest iOS 4 - crashes after a few minutes while streaming or hearing offline playlist including Offline-Mode and kicks me back to my homescreen.

I did a Reset on my iPod und just installed the spotify iOS 4 App - same!

I hope there is a solution in progress ....

Come on Spotify, sort this out? There's clearly an issue with 2nd Gen iTouchs and the App : like all these other users, Spoitfy works fine on iPhone, iPad etc, just not this iTouch. Doing my head in. Need tunes in the kitchen!

It's a memory issue. The app takes to much memory and then IOs stops the program before all RAM is used.

Got a memory meter, and this problem is not there every time, most of the time i have 20 MB RAM left.

Sometimes i see the memory meter running down fast to 0 MB and than it crashes.

I suppose virual memory is a buypass, but it's not fixing the problem, it buys just a little more time.

Also, VM is not advicable since it uses your flash and flash has a limited number of  r/w before it gets broken. (like 2 years or so)

Nevertheless, if you have ipod 2gen, it will not live long anymore anyway 😉

Yep same problem here 😞
2G 32GB iPod Touch and have premium so I can use on the fly on iPhone 4s, iPad1G and MacBook streaming to Apple TV.

iPod just crashes now after a few minutes play. Am in the process of fully restoring the iPod and just putting a few tunes on it, then trying. Gah!! Badly need it to work for work (we have a "no phones" policy - but the iPod gets around this so can still have my tunes :-))

Dear spotify crew,

Is anyone alive out there? This problem seems to exist over 6 month now. And if you check the reviews on spotify for IOS 4 in itunes you will find nothing but complaints about crashes. What is you approach to solve this problem?

And yes, I did everything suggested; reinstall spotify, reinstall Ipod Touch, update to the latest version (4.2.1) shake it three times  & sing abracadabra and then whistle. It doesn't work and its anoying. 

Fix it - your loosing customers because of this. 

Wieger

true, lost me because of this problem

I am experienceing the same thing everyone else is. Ipod touch 2nd gen running 4.2.1. Clean Ipod newly reset to factory settings. First app I installed was Spotify. Set my playlists for offline listening. Started playing a song and didnt even make it to the end of the song and it kicked me off. Started it again and made it halfway through the second song and it kicked me out. 

I have been having Spotify kick me out almost every time I try to use it, at work, at home, anywhere on my ipod touch 4th generation.  Now I am trying to sync my songs through wifi and sure enough after a few seconds on the ipod touch the app kicks me out. 

@bobbert wrote:

I have been having Spotify kick me out almost every time I try to use it, at work, at home, anywhere on my ipod touch 4th generation.  Now I am trying to sync my songs through wifi and sure enough after a few seconds on the ipod touch the app kicks me out. 

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Are you logging in using a Spotify username and password or using your Facebook details?

Have you tried a clean reinstallation of the app?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Has a solution ever been found for this?

Suggested posts