Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

No Playback controls for Playlists on iPhone?

Hello everyone, i just recently switched from Android to iPhone and now have a major problem with the spotify client.When i start playing music from a playlist, i dont get any playback controls. the music starts playing but i have no way of pausing o...

• Hello everyone,   i just recently switched from Android to iPhone and now have a major problem with the spotify client. When i start playing music from a playlist, i dont get any playback con...
  • Ch4nt0
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

apple watch series 2

Is the apple watch series 2 now compactible with spotify?

• Is the apple watch series 2 now compactible with spotify?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! last.fm Scrobble not working

For several months now Scrobble for last.fm has not been working on my Spotify mobile app. I have toggled the option, signed in several times, closed the app, deleted and reinstalled the app, but still no dice. My phone is completely online when I am...

• Gig Goer
  •   For several months now Scrobble for last.fm has not been working on my Spotify mobile app.   I have toggled the option, signed in several times, closed the app, deleted and reinstal...
  • brennan-v
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Sort by ascending or descending (date added)

Hi, On the iPad version on a playlist you can swipe down to reveal a sort function in the top. Why isn't this available on the iPhone version? If you keep many active playlists and add new songs frequently, you most likely want to have your latest ad...

• Regular
  • Hi, On the iPad version on a playlist you can swipe down to reveal a sort function in the top. Why isn't this available on the iPhone version?   If you keep many active playlists and add...
  • Grambosmiffy
  • 22 replies
  • 5 likes
  • ascending
    descending
    sorting
    Sorting Options
  • 22 replies
  • 5 likes

Not downloading songs for offline play

Hi guys, hope you can help I'm premium member and i saved some songs so i click on the button "offline availible" on the playlist of saved songs. But it does not work. It doesnt download the songs.Do you have any idea how to fix this?

• Hi guys, hope you can help 🙂 I'm premium member and i saved some songs so i click on the button "offline availible" on the playlist of saved songs. But it does not work. It doesnt download the so...
  • MarvinSuggs
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes

Static when playing on car stereo through bluetooth and USB

I am getting an audible crackling noise coming through my car speakers when playing spotify through my USB and bluetooth, this is not noticeable at home on my Sonos but is to the point where I can't play Spotify in my vehicle. any help on this would ...

• I am getting an audible crackling noise coming through my car speakers when playing spotify through my USB and bluetooth, this is not noticeable at home on my Sonos but is to the point where I can't ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Certain songs come up too often in shuffle

Is there a reason for this? It's not because of duplicate songs. I get the feeling that because particular songs have been played often in the past that they come up more often. I don't like that, makes me sick of the song. I also get the feeling tha...

• Is there a reason for this? It's not because of duplicate songs. I get the feeling that because particular songs have been played often in the past that they come up more often. I don't like that, ma...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

play lists

The playlists created on my PC come onto my Iphone in a completely different order.

• The playlists created on my PC come onto my Iphone in a completely different order.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Loose all downloads when iphone 7 shuts down with low battery

I loose all the downloaded music in the app when my iphone shuts down because of low battery and cold. the battery is at about 20%, when its cold and it shuts down, all 1500 song must be newly downloaded. i have iphone 7 with ios 11.2.1

• I loose all the downloaded music in the app when my iphone shuts down because of low battery and cold. the battery is at about 20%, when its cold and it shuts down, all 1500 song must be newly downlo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iOS 11 control center/Bluetooth not working

Ever since I updated to Ios11 my car does not recognize the Spotify app, and my control center does not either. In order to change my music I have to open my phone and go to the app and navigate from there. Very annoying when trying to use my phone f...

• Ever since I updated to Ios11 my car does not recognize the Spotify app, and my control center does not either. In order to change my music I have to open my phone and go to the app and navigate from...
  • ginaadrson
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Downloads tab missing?

I suddenly find myself unable to access the ‘downloads’ tab on IOS. This is inconvenient because instead of being able to find all my downloaded music in one place, I now have to sort through the entirety of my album collection. Is there any way to f...

• Casual Listener
  • I suddenly find myself unable to access the ‘downloads’ tab on IOS. This is inconvenient because instead of being able to find all my downloaded music in one place, I now have to sort through the ent...
  • leejohnston122
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Stop interupting playlists

With stupid suggested songs that do not reflect my music taste at all!! Really annoying! Tried all suggestions to turn it off (including longer play lists) and spotify still plays **bleep** I have not selected for every other song! Only on the app on...

• With stupid suggested songs that do not reflect my music taste at all!! Really annoying! Tried all suggestions to turn it off (including longer play lists) and spotify still plays **bleep** I have no...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files won't play on iOS, but play fine on PC

I have a CD (Garth Brooks) that I am trying to add to my local files so that I can play it on my iPhone, since Spotify doesn't have any Garth Brooks music. The files are not protected, they transfer to Spotify on my PC and play on it just fine. I cre...

• I have a CD (Garth Brooks) that I am trying to add to my local files so that I can play it on my iPhone, since Spotify doesn't have any Garth Brooks music. The files are not protected, they transfer ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback from local files not working

I updated my phone to iOS 11.2.2 and now the Spotify app won’t play my music from my local files anymore (it just skips them automatically and when I try to go back and play them it only plays the first second then skips). I’ve updated the app, unins...

• I updated my phone to iOS 11.2.2 and now the Spotify app won’t play my music from my local files anymore (it just skips them automatically and when I try to go back and play them it only plays the fi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Running, Offline

Lets face it, as great as spotify running is, not everywhere we run has wifi. Not everyone has unlimited data plans on their mobiles either. There should atleast be a option to offline sync a running playlist... What are your thoughts on this?

• Casual Listener
  • Lets face it, as great as spotify running is, not everywhere we run has wifi. Not everyone has unlimited data plans on their mobiles either. There should atleast be a option to offline sync a ru...
  • lesterbsb
  • Music Fan
  • 9 replies
  • 22 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 22 likes

difference between "downloading" and "offline sync".

Ofcourse, seeing as this is a topic that hasn't been solved with a direct answer from the company itself, and me myself have encountered this problem numerous times, I am gonna make a post about it. The problem in and of itself is the fact that I can...

• Ofcourse, seeing as this is a topic that hasn't been solved with a direct answer from the company itself, and me myself have encountered this problem numerous times, I am gonna make a post about it. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Suggested tracks

I'm not even sure if this is the right place to be posting this, so if this doesn't belong here, I'm sorry.I was listening to a Fall Out Boy album just now and suddenly it starting playing a TON of country music as suggested tracks. Now, I know spoti...

• I'm not even sure if this is the right place to be posting this, so if this doesn't belong here, I'm sorry. I was listening to a Fall Out Boy album just now and suddenly it starting playing a TON of...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline mode when online

Having Spotify on both android and ios. Even if everything logged out. And trying to get online on my iphone 6s it say offline try to find connection. But hey im on wifi and everything works, besides the Spotify App. So I removed the app reinstalled ...

• Regular
  • Having Spotify on both android and ios. Even if everything logged out. And trying to get online on my iphone 6s it say offline try to find connection. But hey im on wifi and everything works, besides...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug in the Spotify app (iOS)

I’m on an iPhone SE, iOS version 11.2.2 and there’s a bug that’s been happening for a while. When I play a song, the song which is currently playing is invisible and I can’t touch it, which means I can’t skip around in the song. I also can’t see all ...

• I’m on an iPhone SE, iOS version 11.2.2 and there’s a bug that’s been happening for a while. When I play a song, the song which is currently playing is invisible and I can’t touch it, which means I c...
  • Andy86
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

No more space message but I’ve removed songs

Hi. I keep getting this message of no space even though I’ve removed lots of songs. I also logout and login again twice. Can you help? Thanks

• Hi. I keep getting this message of no space even though I’ve removed lots of songs. I also logout and login again twice. Can you help? Thanks
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes