Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 13 Pro

Operating System

iOS 17.3
My Question or Issue

I have used Spotify since the app was created.  I have thousands of local files that I have converted, downloaded & synced to my phone and to downloaded playlists for years.  I use them daily. 
Yesterday (I assume after the new update) the majority of my songs are now grayed out affecting dozens of playlists, hours upon hours of music, days & weeks of effort to create in the first place...all to now have them unusable by having done NOTHING different other than updating the app.

I have tried to re-sync and EVERY TIME I close the app they are grayed out again and the full content does not re-download.  

Why does Spotify have to keep messing with this process?!?  I know the steps to sync Local Files, what to turn on etc etc.  I have moved files to a new folder, tried to re-add that source as my local files & sync..also does not work.  

THIS NEW PROCESS ABOUT USING FILES ON YOUR PHONE AND ADDING YOUR DOWNLOADED FILES TO YOUR PLAYLISTS FROM THE FOLDER IN YOUR LIBRARY IS UTTER B*LL$#!T!!!  THE FILES ARE NOT NAMED APPROPRIATELY AND WHY FORCE THE STORAGE ISSUE ON YOUR PHONE WHEN YOU HAVE PURCHASED AND USED A LAPTOP FOR YEARS FOR YOUR ORIGINAL PROCEDURE FOR LOCAL FILES.  THIS IS A MAJOR PROBLEM AND WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION TO MAKE THIS CHANGE & SCREW WITH WHAT PEOPLE HAVE WORKED TO CREATE TO BE ABLE TO UTILIZE DAY TO DAY IS UNACCEPTABLE!

0 Replies

Suggested posts